i should have asked whats ins and outs of ladder

More
19 Apr 2011 21:11 - 20 Apr 2011 01:10 #9125 by fabworx
im trying to learn this and have quite a ways to go.

what i would like to know is how i map my physical inputs to switches in the ladder as well as out puts.

i would also like to know how i would go about making this work. what i have is a quickdraw atc. i need to connect a positive 12vdc wire to 5 other wires in a sequence disconnecting the last one and connecting to the next with a reset on one input.

i have searched for quickdraw as i know it was popular with the shizoukas and the kasuga mills with the bandit control. ive seen kirk wallaces video and thats exactly what i need to do but cant find any info on how to really get started. ive read the classic ladder documentation and quite frankly its way over my head. i know what physically needs to happen to make this work but when it comes to inter facing im lost.:blush:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2011 01:10 by fabworx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2011 21:17 #9126 by fabworx
by the way im using a 5i20 with a 7i48 and using pncconf in 2.5 to configure. im only using 6 pmw signals and 5 encoders so i have plenty of i/o left i need to figure out how to 'map' my inputs and outputs to the right buttons as well for my operator panel any suggestions there would be great thanx.

More
20 Apr 2011 18:32 #9185 by andypugh
Why not start with a really simple system, and build up?
(Maybe a physical switch to an LED or something).

Sorry I can't be any real help, Ladder is a mystery to me too.

More
20 Apr 2011 18:40 - 20 Apr 2011 18:41 #9187 by BigJohnT
Have you looked at the ladder examples and the HAL Basic Info sections of the Integrators Manual?

As for the ladder it self always remember the rule "Last One Wins" for outputs. If you have the same output more than once in your ladder the state of the last one will be the update state for that output. So you only put outputs in your ladder once.

John
Last edit: 20 Apr 2011 18:41 by BigJohnT.

More
20 Apr 2011 20:23 #9199 by fabworx
thanx john but how do i connect, or map the inputs or outputs to the physical pin how do i know which ones are which as well.

More
20 Apr 2011 20:49 #9201 by BigJohnT
You do that in one of your hal files with the net command. For example you might put in your custom.hal file a line like the following:

net oil-pump classicladder.0.out-00 => paraport.0.9.out

John

More
21 Apr 2011 00:08 #9209 by fabworx
OK that is some help thank you john. however i don't know, what pin is what, as far as the name of it in the hal file, or what output number corresponds with the line above. could you possibly dissect that line so that i know what exactly is going on there thank you.

More
21 Apr 2011 04:36 - 21 Apr 2011 04:39 #9212 by cmorley
net oil-pump classicladder.0.out-00 => paraport.0.9.out

breaks down like this:

net - command to HAL to make and or connect a signal to designated pins

oil-pump - this is the signal name. it always follows the net command. if your trying to connect to an existing signal this would be where it goes, otherwise it can be almost anything you want (no spaces). Remember signals can only have one 'driving' pin but one or many 'driven' pins

classicladder.0.out-00 - this is a pin name. In this case its classicladder's out pin that corresponds to Q0 bit output (it's also the 'driving' pin)

=> - this is ignored. It is just to help you remember which way one pin drives the other.

parport.0.9.out - this is also a pin name. In this case it the parallel port 0's pin 9 which is an out pin (its the driven pin)

the parports pin number eg XX.9.out represents the actual physical pin number - number 9 and it says it's designated an output.
Classicladder has many pin names
classicladder.0.out-00 represents Q0 bit output
classicladder.0.in-00 represents I0 bit input
classicladder.0.s32in-00 represents QW0 analog input
classicladder.0.s32out-00 represents IW0 analog output
Last edit: 21 Apr 2011 04:39 by cmorley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacGalempsy

More
21 Apr 2011 04:54 #9213 by fabworx
sweet thanx Chris i needed that break down.

More
21 Apr 2011 14:48 #9227 by fabworx
ok now that i have that down how do i know which board im acsecing and which header. im running a 5i20 with a 7i48 and two 7137ta's. where can i find out which one is which and whats avail. to the computer. thank you guys

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds