Mesa 5i20 servo configuration

More
10 Jul 2010 00:00 #3311 by Zig
Andy,

Yes You are right. I ought to get more fluent with HAL.

I had a look at hall components and there is a D type flip flop component.

I would need to connect the Z axis direction signal to the Data input and Z step signal to the Clock input in order to latch the flag to suit my requirements.

Some time ago ( a few revisions of hostmot ) there were some comments about the velocity component in hostmot not being good enough to provide feedback signal.

I am not sure if that had been corrected now.

In essence everything I have done in exteral hardware could be achieved with internal HAL components.

I had revisited the HAL tutorial and I still find it a bit awkward.

I guess I shall have to spend more time experimenting with HAL. Sometimes its a toss up between do I spend more time on HAL or knock up a circuit and have the solution now.

By the way the macine is up and running ( with the aid of some double sided adhesive tape)>

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GUIDANCE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2010 01:10 #3312 by andypugh
Zig wrote:

Some time ago ( a few revisions of hostmot ) there were some comments about the velocity component in hostmot not being good enough to provide feedback signal.

It now looks at the time-stamp of each encoder edge, so should be really pretty good.

I had revisited the HAL tutorial and I still find it a bit awkward.

I agree, and keep meaning to write a simple guide for simple folk, while I am still new enough to it to understand what "Simple" means.

More
10 Jul 2010 07:48 #3315 by Zig
Andy,

Is "simple folk" an euphemism for "neophyte"?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds