I got problems... 5i20

More
23 Jul 2011 04:33 - 23 Jul 2011 04:34 #11756 by austin.mn
I don't get to use my plasma table very often. While I am building space for it I am keeping it at a friends house. I just used it a few days ago and it was normal. Today I started it up and it said something to the effect of "can't find watchdog_timeout_ns" Please keep in mind I am quoting that from memory, the table and computer are at my friends with no internet access.

I tried to restart the computer a few time and no change. I popped the side of the computer case off to check and make sure the 5i20 was seated correctly in the pci slot and it is. All the lights on it turn on, so I assume it is working.

What could have happened? what should I do to diagnose it further?

The computer there does normally have internet axis, and my friend does use it occasionally to look up troubleshooting codes as he does do some auto mechanic work there occasionally. A fiber optic line was severed in his neighborhood yesterday and they are still waiting for it to be repaired.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2011 04:34 by austin.mn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2011 07:03 #11758 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:I got problems... 5i20
We would need a bit more information, but it might be that the error is being raised by the first line in the HAL file after the 5i20 driver is loaded.

However, it seems odd that the load sequence would get that far if the driver failed to load. Perhaps there are multiple HAL files, and they have had their sequence changed or something?

More
23 Jul 2011 07:11 #11759 by austin.mn
Replied by austin.mn on topic Re:I got problems... 5i20
It has been working and reliable. I didn't change anything in any of the config files last time I used it. Is there any information that I should post to help diagnose the problem?

More
23 Jul 2011 13:09 #11766 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:I got problems... 5i20
posting the output from dmesg would help

More
23 Jul 2011 21:45 #11784 by austin.mn
Replied by austin.mn on topic Re:I got problems... 5i20
I went to make a text file of the Dmesg... and the computer wouldn't even boot up. I blew it out, removed the ram and reinstalled it and all is better. It wasn't even really dirty in there. But, its all working now.

Thank you.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds