HostMot2 with Steppers

More
17 May 2009 19:22 - 17 May 2009 19:26 #285 by BigJohnT
If your using HostMot2 with a stepper setup make sure you upgrade to 2.3.1 before copying a config. There has been some tweaking done to the stepper configs. If you get a joint following error check to make sure you have both the ini and hal copy of a 2.3.1 HostMot2 stepper conifg.

John
Last edit: 17 May 2009 19:26 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2009 01:11 #289 by dfarrell
Replied by dfarrell on topic Re:HostMot2 with Steppers
I have been getting a joint following error with 2.3.0. Are the ini and config files
the only changes? I also notice it is a little difficult resetting from this error. Clearing
the condition and restarting seems to cause an immediate speed change which causes
the fault again... I also see the joystick stop working until I quit EMC2 and restart.
The keyboard jogging still works fine when the joystick is dead.

More
18 May 2009 05:29 #291 by seb_kuzminsky
The hm2 stepgen code and configs both changed from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1. The code change was to fix a bug that would sometimes make the stepper hunt (oscillate) when the commanded position fell between two adjacent physically-attainable positions of the stepper. The config change was to provide some acceleration headroom, letting the stepgen accelerate a bit more than the trajectory planner.

The config change was to fix a following-error problem exactly like what dfarrell described.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds