PiDiCNC Control System

More
20 Mar 2017 15:49 #89953 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Seen a youtube video, but not much imfo about it, that was long time ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 15:51 #89954 by MarcoGaspar
Replied by MarcoGaspar on topic PiDiCNC Control System
yes only one youtube video, seems that it doesn't work.

More
21 Mar 2017 09:46 #89989 by Matko

More
21 Mar 2017 09:50 #89990 by MarcoGaspar

pidicnc.com/en/

But we don't see anyone using it...

More
21 Mar 2017 12:44 #89998 by tommylight
Just checked it, no prices, no way to order, no webshop although it says at the links, and i realy do not want to call them as i might call them and get no more info from them, had plenty of bad experiences with companies that do not put prices on their websites. I do not want to get to that point as they do have prices for DIN rail boxes and i will order plenty of them today or tomorrow, i realy like that type of boxes and the price is good.
Maybe, just maybe, i call them since i speak Czech language and it is similar to Slovak. djakuju bardzo !

More
21 Mar 2017 17:01 #90015 by viktan
Replied by viktan on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Hi All,

I want to reply for last posts.
The project pidicnc was almost for year posponed, sometimes I sold few boards. I did some automation projects and there was not time for webpage, eshop and all things around.

Would be someone from linuxcnc community interested to test this system? I can provide a sample of all three boards. My idea would be some members would forward this set and share experiences with me and others.

Regards,
Viktor
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcoGaspar

More
21 Mar 2017 17:06 #90016 by tommylight
I would like to test them. I will be busy for another 2 weeks, after that i will have time to test.

More
21 Mar 2017 17:08 #90018 by MarcoGaspar

Hi All,

I want to reply for last posts.
The project pidicnc was almost for year posponed, sometimes I sold few boards. I did some automation projects and there was not time for webpage, eshop and all things around.

Would be someone from linuxcnc community interested to test this system? I can provide a sample of all three boards. My idea would be some members would forward this set and share experiences with me and others.

Regards,
Viktor

I can test them :D

More
22 Mar 2017 15:51 #90075 by viktan
Replied by viktan on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Ok, in two weeks sample set will be ready for testing.
Now there is another question.
MarcoGaspar sent me a nc file with 16k lines. There is problem on Raspberry Pi with GUI performance. When I load that big file this gui have very low performance, maybe 1 fps. How I find info, this preview uses a OpenGL and there is no hw support for opengl on ARM platform. It is emulated by cpu with priority for RT tasks.
Here is link for video:
www.dropbox.com/s/ugv7nkg3vxayqq0/VID_20170322_084927.mp4?dl=0
As you can see, the GUI is ruunig on maybe 1fps while real axes are moving smoothly.

What do you thing, what can help with it? Maybe there is any way to assign one core for GUI.
Another solution could be to board with ethernet and use a common pc with our boards without RasPi.
Thank you for any idea
V.

More
22 Mar 2017 20:02 - 22 Mar 2017 20:06 #90086 by tommylight
You can try using software opengl, that helps in some cases quite nicely. I have 2 HP terminals that use 1GHz Geode processor and run Debian wheezy version with Linuxcnc a bit slugish but with a 15000 base thread without ever missing a step. I offten use gcode with over 60000 lines, it takea a while to load but it runs.
On the other side you have the 2.5 and 2.6 versions of Linuxcnc that i think use less memory as the trajectory planer has a low look ahead, might work much beter as is.
As for ethernet, it does work nicely, but not on a RPI as it has an emulated network card through USB, if i am not mistaken.
Edit, can you please try that with Axis GUI? Djakuju bardzo.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 20:06 by tommylight.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds