Mesa 7i76e => hm2_eth: Unrecognized ethernet board

More
14 Jul 2017 21:16 - 14 Jul 2017 21:21 #95805 by bymccoy
I'll need to check which firmware I used, but recall it was the one you told me to use...

Okay, so 4 and 5 are aliased? So I'm getting the correct behaviour there then.

I'll need to reconfirmed the 5V is being supplied - I did check the board when I wired it up with a probe, but looks like it could be a power issue then...

What position should the encoder jumpers be set if an encoder isn't being used? TTL or RS422?

The power supply to TB3 pins 21/22 caught me out at the beginning, as I was expecting something similar to the 7i76, and thought it'd get everything it needed from the VFIELD. I end up hooking TB3 21/22 up to the same supply using on VFIELD (24VDC industrial supply), and like magic everything turned on!

But it does highlight that I need to check that the 7i85 is getting adequate supply through and to make sure the jumpers are correct... I have checked continuity in the past and gotten 5V on the encoder lines, but will go back through systematically.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2017 21:21 by bymccoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2017 19:10 #95936 by bymccoy
Yeah...

Oops. Turns out the 7i85 was hooked up to port 2.

I checked out the voltages and all looked good (as they did when I was diagnosing the other power issue I had a few months back). Low and behold, tracing the cables, spotted the school boy error.

All working perfectly now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds