Indramat 3TRM2 driver

More
28 Dec 2016 19:35 - 28 Dec 2016 23:13 #84820 by fogl
Indramat 3TRM2 driver was created by fogl
Hello everybody,

I am heaving problem with my Indramat 3TRM2 driver ( manual ).

The Axis2 dc motor oscillates back and forward rapidly when 0V dc control voltage is applied. If I apply some DC voltage, the motor rotates, but still oscillates (changes its velocity). Please see tacho signal at 0V control signal (attachment1)

The Axis1 has the same dc motor, which runs fine and smooth. I exchanged the motors of axis 1 and 2, and the problem moved to motor1 and the motor2 ran smooth. So I assume the problem lies in the controller, not the motor/tacho.

Than i noticed the chapter 3.7 (in the manual), that is describing the exactly the same behaviour - the problem seems to be the pre-current setting. I did as described - I short the TP103 and measure TP114:
- on Axis1 (which runs fine) i get a constant -0,7V.
- on Axis2 (which oscillates) i get the signal which seems just fine and which i was expecting to see on axis1 (attachment2).

Does anybody have an idea what could cause the motor oscillation?
Does anybody have an idea why am i getting such signals form TP114 and TP214.
The trimmer potentiometers (P201, P203) were not touched and are still glued/marked to factory settings.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
Regards
Klemen
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Dec 2016 23:13 by fogl. Reason: Missing attacment
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6266

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2016 21:22 #84932 by fogl
Replied by fogl on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Heh, I found the solution, it is described in paragraph 2.9. I don't know why they split this section to two parts.

This thread can be deleted,
Regards
Klemen

More
01 Jan 2017 01:49 #84986 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Might as well leave it, perhaps someone will do a search and find this, and will then know that it can work. That's a good search result.

More
03 Jan 2017 09:24 #85136 by fogl
Ok, a attached the before and after oscilloscope image, maybe someone will find it useful.
Regards
Klemen
Attachments:

More
31 May 2017 13:22 #93884 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Hi
I came across a Maho MH600C last week and it followed me home...

Its equipped with the same Indramat drive, any chance you can attach the file again, the link seems to be broken opr not available anymore. Thanks in advance

henk

More
01 Jun 2017 06:00 #93915 by fogl
The file is too big to upload to the forum. I uploaded it here: docdro.id/qwMiB7x
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, 6266

More
01 Jun 2017 08:32 #93918 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Thanks
Much apreceated

Henk

More
28 Jan 2023 18:10 - 28 Jan 2023 20:19 #263103 by Aurry__
Replied by Aurry__ on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Helo,

I have a MAHO600E cnc. It was porly retrofitted with some smc boards (act like step/dir to analog converters), and I have an issue like you had. My Z axis make the same oscillation. Can you please write down in details how exactly did you solved it? If I understand correctly, maybe I have to adjust some kind of bias on R103. I have a scope, but not fully understand what was the solution for you, and what I have to do...
Last edit: 28 Jan 2023 20:19 by Aurry__.

More
29 Jan 2023 02:40 #263150 by fogl
Hello,

It was quite some time ago, so cannot remember all the details how i did it. But i i think it can be understood from reading this forum thread. Please see the manual - the link still works :) Especially section 2.9 and 3.7.

You can also see the solution from my before/after oscilloscope photo.

Regards

More
29 Jan 2023 08:08 #263156 by Aurry__
Replied by Aurry__ on topic Indramat 3TRM2 driver
Thanks for the fast response. I have read the manual, but there are some questions what I need to understand. You have tested it in place, it is need to be taken out, and bench test it, whit power supply? If I need to take it out, do I need to connect a motor to the end, or I can test it without any load? I have a spare complet indra unit, so probably it is faster to exchange them, but I would like to understand what happened with the original one, and if it can be fixed, without spending a fortune, it would be nice to have a spare.

Thank you!

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds