Emco 120p Control hardware suggestions

More
25 Jan 2017 14:42 #86627 by Victor
Well yes that was my idea too,

i have been looking at ASRock Q1900B-ITX and ASRock N3150B-ITX. from what i have read the ASRock Q1900B-ITX seams to work with LinuxCNC but i have read some issues people have had with not receiving the input signals from a simple DB25 BOB, solution seams to be pull up resistors on the input pins on the BOB.

are my suggested boards a good choice or are there better alternative the is still available? will the DB25 port on the ASRock Q1900B-ITX work with MESA cards if i choose to upgrade in the future?

Br Victor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2017 14:46 #86628 by andypugh

will the DB25 port on the ASRock Q1900B-ITX work with MESA cards if i choose to upgrade in the future?

It should do, and also with Pico cards.

More
25 Jan 2017 14:47 #86629 by tommylight

yes 1000 rpm should be sufficient for threading.

Br Victor

Sorry to burst your bubble but threading is usually done at much lower speeds.
Tom

More
25 Jan 2017 14:53 #86630 by andypugh

Tom

That's the point, 1000rpm is plenty fast enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jan 2017 15:00 #86631 by Victor

Tom

That's the point, 1000rpm is plenty fast enough.

Exactly! I know that 1000rpm is very fast for threading, but all i wanted to say was that with a 1000rpm limit i will have no problem for threading and such!

On the computer note i noticed that Mini-itx.com was UK based and that made me a happy camper :P (No import taxes to Sweden, for now anyways) i used the board finder and the 12V input was a nice feature, i looked at this board: Jetway JNF9T-2930

Will this board give me any benefits compared to the ASRock? (except the 12v+ input which is nice!)

Br Victor

More
25 Jan 2017 15:49 #86635 by andypugh

Will this board give me any benefits compared to the ASRock? (except the 12v+ input which is nice!)

They seem otherwise very similar.
I don't know what the latency on the Jetway is. There is sample code for onboard GPIO for the jetway (jetwaycomputer.com/NF9HG.html ) which might be fun to use with LinuxCNC :-)

More
25 Jan 2017 17:22 #86641 by jmelson
Well, actually, threading works better, for metallurgical reasons, as fast as you can go. I have done manual threading on a lathe at 900 RPM, and often do rigid tapping on my mill at 1000+ RPM. Surface finish looks like a mirror, while I get tearing of the threads at lower speeds.

Jon

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds