Mesa 5i25 & 7i76 to GE Af-300 VFD?

More
22 Feb 2017 04:08 #88480 by panchula
I snuck in some time on the CNC this evening. Here's a head scratcher: Using the manual control screen in Axis, I can turn on the spindle CCW (F10), but not CW (F9). The CW On the MDI screen, I can issue an M3 or M4 and the spindle works fine. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2017 12:13 #88491 by tommylight
Try m3 sxxxx where xxxx is desired rpm

More
22 Feb 2017 18:22 #88505 by panchula
I did use the Sxxxx along with M3 and M4. No trouble at all using the MDI panel commands, and the spindle is happy to run in either direction I choose. Switching over to the Manual Control panel is another story. Pressing F10, the spindle runs CCW at maximum RPM. Press F9 and it sits there motionless. In both cases before starting the spindle, the spindle brake has a check in it's box and the stop is depressed in the Manual Control panel. When either F9 or F10 is pressed the spindle brake box becomes unchecked, the stop button is no longer depressed, and the appropriate CW or CCW icon changes to depressed. This is as expected. I do not yet have the physical components of the spindle brake connected yet (relay & air supply). Anyone else encounter this?

-Mike

More
23 Feb 2017 00:45 #88526 by tommylight
What happens when you press F9 and then F12 several times ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: panchula

More
23 Feb 2017 03:16 #88529 by Benb
According to this Wiki wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Keyboard_Shortcuts F9 and F10 are toggle soft switches. Have you tried F9 ON F9 OFF followed by F10?

More
23 Feb 2017 03:55 #88532 by panchula
I know how the F9 and F10 are supposed to work. This machine ran on earlier versions of linuxcnc and used to be controlled with a CNC4PC C11-G parallel port breakout card. I'm loving the Mesa cards so far, but have encountered weird problems -- which seems to be my norm. I'm at the point in the wiring and configuration where I'd be comfortable to back up the configs and do a wipe and reload. I do appreciate the help and suggestions --you guys are great!

-Mike

More
16 Mar 2017 16:46 #89753 by Lcvette
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm getting ready to write mine up and have been researching for a solution, think I found a good reference from a fellow boarder, below is the explanation in a wiring diagram. Looks as if it's creating a safety circuit using the enable and direction outputs and two relays.

Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2017 19:32 #89776 by andypugh
It's not a safety circuit as such, that is how to control a VFD with separate FWD and REV inputs with the 7i776 (Which has ON and DIR) outputs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
16 Mar 2017 19:50 #89778 by PCW
A couple things:
Flyback diodes are required across the relay coils (diode cathode to +24V side of coil)

Also you really don't need 2 relays since the ENA OPTO can function as KA1s contacts

More
16 Mar 2017 22:01 #89783 by Lcvette

A couple things:
Flyback diodes are required across the relay coils (diode cathode to +24V side of coil)

Also you really don't need 2 relays since the ENA OPTO can function as KA1s contacts[/quot

I'm not an EE, and would have never known that, could you possibly elaborate maybe sketch on the picture to better illustrate what your stating. Curious about a single Relay as well instead of using two. Would be greatly appreciated!

And is there a matter schematic somewhere that has all of these tidbits of information so it isn't over looked? And now I'm nervous I'm missing other stuff that may b cause issues... Crums!

Thanks,

Chris

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds