Ethernet Boards

More
10 Apr 2017 18:50 #91140 by tjones
Ethernet Boards was created by tjones
Hi All,

I am looking to replace my standard BOB with one of the Mesa boards. I have used the 5I25 with 7I77 before and it works great. I am looking for a board for my stepper system with a servo spindle. The servo running the spindle is controlled through an analog +/-10v signal, it functions just like a VFD in it's "speed mode", and the encoder feedback is 5v. In terms of I/O the 7i96 has all the I/O and capability that I need. However one of my main concerns is that it needs to support the +/-10v analog for the spindle. It doesn't directly say it has the option in the manual, so I would like to confirm it. Also when running one of these Ethernet boards (7i96 or 7i76E) can I use the standard StepConf to configure everything? Thus far I haven't had to do any major HAL or INI file programming, just minor things like the root folder that opens when loading a NC file or adjusting initial jog speed and I would like to keep that type of programming to a minimum. Also do I need an special Ethernet port on my computer or will the standard port work.

Thanks,
Tosh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2017 19:16 #91143 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Ethernet Boards
The 7I96 has no Analog spindle control, so a 7I76E may be a better choice here
(Also the 7I96 is very new so not as well supported)

More
10 Apr 2017 20:54 #91147 by tjones
Replied by tjones on topic Ethernet Boards
Thanks, that is very helpful information. Do you know if the 7i76e is supported through the StepConf? I know the regular 7i76+5i25 is supported through StepConf but it is currently out of stock and I would like to purchase soon.

More
11 Apr 2017 00:28 #91159 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Ethernet Boards
Both the 7I76 and the 7I76E are supported by pncconf
we should have more 7I76s by the end of this week

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds