Driver Board Config Problem

More
18 Apr 2017 10:37 #91570 by Bigpaddy_Irl
Hi Guys.
Im not long at this and I only a few months ago set up the software along with a hy-jkm5 driver.
The problem I have is the motor on the X axis will turn one way, but when I try to get it to go the other way it just gives a quick grunt and does nothing.
All other axis's do not work at all. I am assuming this is a config problem as I have 2 of these boards and both do the same thing.
Its months since I set up the software and from what I can remember I was able to specify the driver I was using? or am I just imagining it?
TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2017 13:07 #91578 by Todd Zuercher
I believe the hy-jkm5 is only a breakout board, not a driver. You would use it to connect the computer to the motor drivers. What motor drivers are you using?
It sounds like you don't have things connected quite right (either in hal or your wiring or both.)

More
18 Apr 2017 16:42 #91589 by tommylight
That BOB has very fuzzy pinout so you have to find the pdf with wiring details.
Had it a long time ago.

More
22 Apr 2017 09:11 #91834 by Bigpaddy_Irl
Apologies yes its the breakout board I was referring to . The driver boards are hy-div268n-5a.
As far as hal is concerned....I have no idea what that is although i have seen it in the software.
All I have done so far was watch a few youtube videos on how to wire these units all up and just loaded up the software and tried to see if the examples within would move the motors.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds