LinuxCNC 2.7.0 Released
- Posts: 7160
- Karma: 190
- Thank you received: 553
After many new features, much testing, and many bug fixes, I'm pleased
to announce the release of LinuxCNC 2.7.0!
This release is codenamed "I Kill Kokomo".
The major new features since 2.6 are:
* new trajectory planner (from Rob Ellenberg of Tormach)
* support for RT-Preempt real-time (from Jeff Epler)
* support for importing Mach3 configs via StepConf
* better ARM support
* better docs
* many new drivers and features
* bug fixes
* probably other things that I've forgotten!
Instructions on how to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7.0 are here (note this may
require manual changes to your config, detailed on this webpage):
Instructions on how to make a fresh install of 2.7.0 are here:
Many thanks to all the folks who worked hard to add features, fix bugs,
write docs, run tests, and report how things were or weren't working.
Here's to many more years of friendly, effective collaboration!