Fanuc servo drive integration

More
09 Feb 2017 06:27 #87633 by Diederik
Wow... This discussion is way above me... It scares the hell out of me reading it... I have no clue... I didn't expect it to be so complicated... I might just stick with what I know, but I am very interested to learn more about this. This particular machine that I'm busy with was built around 1988. It's a Victor V-center 65, and was originally built with a Fanuc 15M controller. It has 5 axis capacity, (For Jc's question above, when I say servo drive, I mean Servo amplifier) :) , So for now, it might save me a lot of time to rather remove these Fanuc servo's and fit analog servos, which I am familiar with. But I am keeping these drives and motors, for educational purposes, ... to educate myself. I also know these drives are very reliable and performs very well. that's why I would like to learn more about this. There's a lot of machines with these drives, but has problematic controls. So please keep this project going, I hope you will have a less complicated solution in near future, and I will by that time definitely be buying that.

Thanks to Peter and Andy, and all others for your reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 07:34 - 09 Feb 2017 08:02 #87634 by jCandlish
A FANUC 15M is a little simpler than what is shown in the FANUC 20 documentation I posted.

As far as I know your 15M is based upon series A16B- hardware, while the documentation I posted was for series A20B- hardware.

Have a look at the Connection Manual for your machine. Maybe www.cncmanuals.com/pdf/73/ge-fanuc-serie...manual-hardware.html

Page 75 of that document shows separate amp (BLDC phases?) and Serial Encoder lines to the controller CPU.

It looks way easier to interface than the more modern hardware.

edit: page 82 absolute.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2017 08:02 by jCandlish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diederik

More
09 Feb 2017 16:46 - 10 Feb 2017 02:08 #87677 by jmelson

So for now, it might save me a lot of time to rather remove these Fanuc servo's and fit analog servos,

Not clear again how much you intend to replace. The Fanuc brushless motors are all QUITE good, and both Mesa and Pico Systems have capability to read their encoders.

Pico Systems has two paths to implement it. We have an all digital system that is capable of delivering up to 20 A. There are some AMC servo amps that take PWM digital input and can go to higher peak currents. We have two versions of the Fanuc encoder converter to handle the two types of encoder signals, our brushless PWM servo amplifier, and the Universal PWM Controller.

Or, you can use the Fanuc encoder converter and our PPMC for analog output to drive a suitable servo amp. The encoder converter provides commutation (Hall) signals for industry-compatible servo amps.

Jon
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 02:08 by jmelson. Reason: typo

More
09 Feb 2017 20:01 #87696 by Diederik
Hi Jon.
Thanks for your reply. So are you telling me that you have a interface card which can connect to the Fanuc servo drives? I need some help to understand PWM. As far as I know there is 6 pwm channels per drive? A,B,C,A-,B-, C-? I have not worked with the pico systems before, But I am always keen to learn new tricks.

Exactly which Pico Products do you reccomend?
If there is a Drive available fot those brushless I would happily replace the Amplifiers and keep the motors on the machine.

More
10 Feb 2017 02:07 #87738 by jmelson

So are you telling me that you have a interface card which can connect to the Fanuc servo drives?

No, I have converters that connect to the Fanuc encoders (both types) and convert their signals so they can be used by industry-compatible servo amplifiers and controllers.

So, you could use our Fanuc encoder converters and our PWM controller, and either our brushless PWM servo amps, or units from AMC. I think those would be the BD##A##, where the ## indicate the voltage and current ranges. I think AMC has obsoleted these models, but they are often available on eBay,

Another choice would be our Fanuc encoder converters and our PPMC analog servo interface, with some analog-input brushless servo amps. The Fanuc converters would provide the commutation signals to the servo amps, and the PPMC would receive position from the encoder converters and send analog commands to the servo amps.

Jon

More
20 Mar 2017 01:20 #89917 by MANOLOMARAVILLAS

So are you telling me that you have a interface card which can connect to the Fanuc servo drives?

No, I have converters that connect to the Fanuc encoders (both types) and convert their signals so they can be used by industry-compatible servo amplifiers and controllers.

So, you could use our Fanuc encoder converters and our PWM controller, and either our brushless PWM servo amps, or units from AMC. I think those would be the BD##A##, where the ## indicate the voltage and current ranges. I think AMC has obsoleted these models, but they are often available on eBay,

Another choice would be our Fanuc encoder converters and our PPMC analog servo interface, with some analog-input brushless servo amps. The Fanuc converters would provide the commutation signals to the servo amps, and the PPMC would receive position from the encoder converters and send analog commands to the servo amps.

Jon

I probe jnelson's converters.
Functional in normal driver drivers, get to test a Chinese control of 20 eur. Only for control check with blcd sensors. I put the video.
Also provide other blcd 80v drivers running mach3 press address.
Everything controls 4 perfect axes. The problem is in axis 5, 6 are fat engines that neither jnelson has enough power in its drivers,
My thinking is this:
Leadshine has some controls that I have 6 units ,,,, acs806 these control my small robot engines perfectly and fast ,,, but for the big has no power ,,, I am electronic, and thought this driver has a detector of consumption of The motor coils. I would need to fool it with load resistors. To remove 6 wires from its legs mosfets firing gate and attack a monoblock transistor ke724502 ​​... we talk about attacking this module capable of operating almost 600v and a potency more than superior ,,, or even with the outputs of pwm Of acs806 attacking a fanuc unit pwm1 pwm1 pwm3 pwm3 pwm4 pwm5 pwm6.
I am willing to try, although I left the original stage burned ,,, lose by losing the river with it.
Attachments:

More
20 Mar 2017 01:28 #89919 by MANOLOMARAVILLAS

Jon

I probe jnelson's converters.
Functional in normal driver drivers, get to test a Chinese control of 20 eur. Only for control check with blcd sensors. I put the video.
Also provide other blcd 80v drivers running mach3 press address.
Everything controls 4 perfect axes. The problem is in axis 5, 6 are fat engines that neither jnelson has enough power in its drivers,
My thinking is this:
Leadshine has some controls that I have 6 units ,,,, acs806 these control my small robot engines perfectly and fast ,,, but for the big has no power ,,, I am electronic, and thought this driver has a detector of consumption of The motor coils. I would need to fool it with load resistors. To remove 6 wires from its legs mosfets firing gate and attack a monoblock transistor ke724502 ​​... we talk about attacking this module capable of operating almost 600v and a potency more than superior ,,, or even with the outputs of pwm Of acs806 attacking a fanuc unit pwm1 pwm1 pwm3 pwm3 pwm4 pwm5 pwm6.
I am willing to try, although I left the original stage burned ,,, lose by losing the river with it.

video::::

video controller screen mach3

More
11 May 2017 01:12 #93002 by MANOLOMARAVILLAS
Por fin e conseguido controlar el motor con control indramat tdm

More
12 Dec 2018 06:53 - 12 Dec 2018 08:17 #122246 by jefsaro
hello ,

I use linuxcnc for 10 years already, I retrofit my fanuc omate t milling machine with stepper motor and a kress spindle, I used the parallel port.
I buy a kit mesa 5i25 7i76 to make a new retrofit, I still have the original parts of the machine.
I would like to put the spindle , I have a motor spindle 3s following photo, I read that it could be connected to a vfd, is possible?
I also did a gear cutter and a mortiser with linuxcnc.
my job is traditional machining and cnc, I work on mazak and I had a milling machine cincinnati dart 750.
I make parts for old vehicles.
Thanks for your help .
sorry for english
have a good day
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Dec 2018 08:17 by jefsaro. Reason: fanuc spindle

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds