Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

More
01 Apr 2017 22:26 #90740 by turbo
I have changed it, as well as changing the velocity and acceleration to their more optimum values of 2250mm/min and 750mm/s^2. I increased the max rpm in my .ngc file from 2000 to 3500, which I had reduced earlier. It now runs through the code most of the time. I get some chirping sounds coming from the spindle.

I believe part of the problem is with the code I'm running. Another problem is that I need to implement some kind of limit to the spindle acceleration. Look at the attachment at the top of the page. It looks to me like it is telling the machine to move at 800mm/rev, when it should be switching to G94 to tell it to go 800mm/min, and then back to G95 for the actual cutting at .18mm/rev. This is because I was trying to get rid of some errors with the Emco control by selecting "use high feedrate" instead of rapid in fusion. I will try redoing the cam with the rapids turned back on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2017 13:10 #90761 by andypugh
How big is your f-error limit, and how does that compare to the backlash setting?
I am wondering if there is a problem if backlash > f-error.

More
02 Apr 2017 14:04 #90768 by turbo
I have all of the f-errors set to .01mm now. Z backlash is .03 and the error had always shown up on the z. X is .016. I reposted the code I was running last night and I don't think I got any errors since then. I turned off "use high feedrate" in the cam, and it didn't change those moves to G0, but it did change them to a reasonable feedrate of 1mm/rev.

Does f-error have anything to do with how the machine follows the toolpath, or is it simply a limit that causes the machine to stop when exceeded?

More
02 Apr 2017 19:21 - 02 Apr 2017 19:24 #90779 by turbo
Replied by turbo on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade

You can hear the spindle chirping when it's trying to change speed to fast.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2017 19:24 by turbo.

More
05 Apr 2017 13:51 - 05 Apr 2017 13:51 #90932 by andypugh

Does f-error have anything to do with how the machine follows the toolpath, or is it simply a limit that causes the machine to stop when exceeded?

It is just a limit that triggers an error. And I do rather suspect that the system might need the f-error limit to be > backlash magnitude.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 13:51 by andypugh.

More
08 Apr 2017 16:17 #91055 by turbo
Replied by turbo on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

No reason to use output from the VFD, the spindle encoder will be the most accurate.

Limiting spindle acceleration should be done by putting a lowpass or limit HAL component between motion.spindle-speed-out and whatever sends the analog voltage to the VFD.

Jon

Could you please elaborate on limiting the spindle accel?

More
09 Apr 2017 09:28 #91079 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

Could you please elaborate on limiting the spindle accel?

Typically that is a ramp-time setting in the VFD menus.

More
20 Apr 2017 01:03 #91685 by turbo
Replied by turbo on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..
I don't think there is any way to access the VFD programming without an add on module or special programming. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to do it in hal.

More
21 Apr 2017 10:59 #91766 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

I don't think there is any way to access the VFD programming without an add on module or special programming. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to do it in hal.

OK, in that case look at the limit3 HAL component.

More
03 Apr 2019 19:39 #130226 by Andygraphy
Replied by Andygraphy on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade
Hello,
i have a 99`pc turn 55 too and want to upgrade the machine too. can you explain me which components did you choose on your machine and what do i need (hardware) to upgrade them?

kind regards
Andy

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds