[Solved] Parallel Port in Stepconf wizard

More
25 Feb 2010 11:32 - 02 Mar 2010 23:21 #2058 by cncjohn
Hi all, I am another newbie to cnc and am very excited about this community and the stuff cnc can do. I just took delivery of this model of a chinese 4 Axis TB6560 CNC Stepper Motor Driver Board. Well after a 3 week delay due to customs in lisbon! Had to pay import tax before they would release it.

The board is up and running but I cannot decipher the chinglish manual. I want to know what they mean by X enable Y enable and Z enable in the the parallel port setup step.

I use Ubuntu Live 8-04 and EMC2 and these choices dont exist in the Stepconf wizard of EMC2.

The definition of 1-PIN 25 of Parallel Interface in the English user manual document says:
PIN2 Spindle motor
PIN4 X Enable ????
PIN1 X Dir
PIN16 X Step
PIN17 Y Enable ????
PIN7 Y Dir
PIN14 Y Step
PIN5 Z Enable ????
PIN6 Z Dir
PIN3 Z Step

I tried using the Step and the Direction options in place of Enable - ticking and unticking the invert box. Limited success so far - Im sure something isnt right.

Any help would be welcome. Also Im thinking of using a 24 v 10 a power supply but I dont seem able to find one under 300 euros. Ideas please...
Regards John

Cmorley knew about this one - all to be marked as amplifier enable. +1 karma cheers fella
Last edit: 02 Mar 2010 23:21 by cncjohn. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2010 04:49 #2067 by cmorley
In stepconf the the signal name you are looking for is 'Amplifier Enable'
You can have multiple pins with this signal if you like.
Chris M

More
26 Feb 2010 11:48 #2075 by step4linux
cncjohn wrote:

Also Im thinking of using a 24 v 10 a power supply but I dont seem able to find one under 300 euros. Ideas please...
Regards John

Do you really need 10 Amp ? For 5 Amps, there are nice lo cost laptop switching pwr sup with 24V/5Amp. at ebay. Could be even with 7.5 Amp, not sure.

rgds Gerd

More
26 Feb 2010 21:17 #2079 by cncjohn
Cmorley you're a godsend. Thanks to you it seems to work now. Don't worry I will think of more questions lol.

More
26 Feb 2010 21:19 #2080 by cncjohn
step4linux wrote:

cncjohn wrote:

Also Im thinking of using a 24 v 10 a power supply but I dont seem able to find one under 300 euros. Ideas please...
Regards John

Do you really need 10 Amp ? For 5 Amps, there are nice lo cost laptop switching pwr sup with 24V/5Amp. at ebay. Could be even with 7.5 Amp, not sure.

rgds Gerd

Thanks step4linux I think I should try one. I will let you know how I get on. cncjohn

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds