Got my "Touch off to tool table" removed

More
11 Feb 2016 09:34 #69984 by thewho
Hello

As the title says..
So yesterday I was manually moving Z while not looking at the keyboard and somehow got the "touch to tool table" option to disappear..(I think)
I later noticed that the option was gone when I changed inserts and had to re-check the tool height. I haven't edited any files and I'm pretty sure it was working efter I upgraded to 2.7.3 but I could be wrong.

Is there some option I enabled/disabled when I was fingering around on the keyboard without looking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 18:19 #70003 by BigJohnT
You need to "load" a tool with Tn M6 G43 before "Tool Touch Off" button is enabled.

JT

More
12 Feb 2016 10:04 #70033 by thewho
Yea I know that but it still wont work :( I've also tried M61 with the same result..

More
12 Feb 2016 12:53 #70038 by BigJohnT
Just to be sure we are both on the same page, in Axis 2.7.x the "Touch Off" button no longer has tool table that is now the "Tool Touch Off" button. Or are you talking about something else?

JT

More
13 Feb 2016 14:26 #70063 by thewho
This is the way I measure my tools (or used to)
1. In MDI, T(n) M6 G43
2. Touch off tool on a known height of the table.
3. Press "END"
4. Select "tool table" in the drop down menu
5. Done

But now the "tool table" option in the drop down menu is gone..

More
13 Feb 2016 17:14 #70068 by BigJohnT
Now you click "Tool Touch Off" and skip having to select "Touch Off" then scrolling down to Tool Touch off.

JT

More
13 Feb 2016 18:40 #70079 by thewho
WOW! how did I miss that.. :pinch:
Would be awesome if someone could delete this thread and never speak of it again :whistle:

Thanks a lot JT!

More
14 Feb 2016 12:11 #70106 by BigJohnT
Actually it is a good thread and may help the next person that didn't notice the change.

JT

More
08 Feb 2017 06:37 #87514 by Jason Arnold
Well, I think it maybe has helped me. :-)

I'm a relatively new LinuxCNC user and have made some nice stuff on my CNC Router so far. There's been a few funny things happen too some of which was related to how the origin was set at the design stage (my bad).

I've noticed that the Tool Touch Off button is greyed out when the G code file is first loaded but then appears after the play button is pressed then stopped or another part is made.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
My process is:
1. Home the machine Z, X and Y.
2. Touch off each axis (with tool in spindle) to the material with no offsets. Note, tool touch off is greyed out.
3. Then press play. I get prompted to add the correct tool and then off the machine goes.

If things go as planned all is good. If not, I stop the machine and touch off the tool to the top of the material and all is good.

Am I doing it right or missing the plot?

Cheers,
Jason.

More
08 Feb 2017 13:08 #87537 by andypugh
"Tool Touch Off" will be greyed-out until a tool is loaded.

You can see if a tool is loaded in the status area at the bottom of the Axis window.

You can use MDI (M6 or M61) to load a tool. Don't forget the G43.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexMagToast

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds