dual motors on Y

More
08 Dec 2016 17:32 #83786 by neil52
dual motors on Y was created by neil52
I have dual motors on Y , should each driver be hooked to the same pin on on the bob? might seem like stupid question but I am complete newby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tchefter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2016 17:40 #83788 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic dual motors on Y
That is one way to do it, but rarely the best way.
It is generally better to run the two motors from separate io pins, and also from separate step generators (especially if the motors turn in opposite directions, though there are many ways to switch the direction of a stepper motor or servo motor)

For a dual-motor setup there is a lot to be said for running the current development version of LinuxCNC as it does this job better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tchefter, neil52

More
09 Feb 2017 17:37 #87682 by neil52
Replied by neil52 on topic dual motors on Y
I have set up as you said, function alright to start with now one motor will only turn one direction and sometimes intermittenly. I can swap drivers and the problem swaps motors. Only thing I can think of is driver has gone bad. I s there anything else that might cause this problem?
Thanks. Neil

More
09 Feb 2017 18:14 #87687 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic dual motors on Y
Did you swap at the motor or the driver? Bad cabling, or pug connections can often cause problems. Same goes for the control signal wiring Try to confirm those are not the problem before declaring the driver faulty.

More
09 Feb 2017 18:30 #87689 by neil52
Replied by neil52 on topic dual motors on Y
I swapped at the driver, I am going to recheck control signal wiring again. Thanks for the input

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds