Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
02 Jan 2017 23:03 #85124 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

Is there an issue with energizing a relay for each limit switch and sending one contact into Linuxcnc and the other into the drive

I don't see any reason to bother with a relay, if it is a voltage-level signal can simply connect to both LinuxCNC and the drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 23:35 #85125 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

Is there an issue with energizing a relay for each limit switch and sending one contact into Linuxcnc and the other into the drive

I don't see any reason to bother with a relay, if it is a voltage-level signal can simply connect to both LinuxCNC and the drive.

It is different power supplies from different sources and I dont know if there is a voltage differential between the two. I would rather keep them seperate.

I could just bring in the nput to the 7i77 as Limit switch, and fire an output to go to the drive.

More
04 Jan 2017 13:20 #85201 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

It is different power supplies from different sources and I dont know if there is a voltage differential between the two. I would rather keep them seperate.

I could just bring in the nput to the 7i77 as Limit switch, and fire an output to go to the drive.

Using 7i77 general-purpose outputs to the drive is likely to have the same problem with not-common GND, and has no advantage over just having the existing software-controlled amp-enable controlling the drive with the limit switch input to the drive hard-wired (or left open, depending on logic). The amp-enable outputs (ENA- / ENA+) on the 7i77 act as switches, so common-GND is not required.

More
04 Jan 2017 21:55 #85257 by beltramidave

The Rovers are good machines. We have many of the different Biesse models (including the 346) where I used to work (and still do contract work). May be able to find a schematic/manual for it, unfortunately, they are Christmas shutdown now.

Dave

That would make my day if I could find schematics......

I sent you a email through this forum. I have a schematic and manual for you, just need your address and they will send it to you.

More
04 Jan 2017 22:01 #85258 by bevins

The Rovers are good machines. We have many of the different Biesse models (including the 346) where I used to work (and still do contract work). May be able to find a schematic/manual for it, unfortunately, they are Christmas shutdown now.

Dave

That would make my day if I could find schematics......

I sent you a email through this forum. I have a schematic and manual for you, just need your address and they will send it to you.

I had an opld email in the forum. I updated it, I will send you a message.

Thanks

Bob

More
04 Jan 2017 22:06 #85259 by bevins
I ordered 1 X 7i70 and 2 X 7i77 and 1 X 7i74.

Cant wait to receive them. Also ordered some DIN rail supports for them, will mount them on DIN rails when they arrive. Will have to modify some of the supports cause they dont fit, but all is good.

More
08 Jan 2017 00:22 #85434 by bevins
Diving further into the machine, I found it it is using a 3 phase bridge rectifier 35 Amps at 24vdc which is good news. I could probably use this for field power and VIN locgic power. Should be very low ripple and very steady.

More
11 Jan 2017 05:05 - 11 Jan 2017 05:08 #85601 by bevins
ok so I got the 7i74 and 7i70,7i71 cards.

Plugged them in connected to 5i25 on the second port with the ribbon cable,
powering on 5v cable like the 7i77 just for now to test and the 7i77 comes up ok but not the 7i74 and I cannot see
the 7i70, 7i71 stuff in halshow. thats probably cause 7i74 is not coming up as shown by the yellow LED on it, which I assume should flash green like 7i77 if all is ok.

so, the 5i25 says 7i77 7i74 on the sticker, so i assume the firmware is ok on the 5i25. Is there a way to check what firmware is on it?

Also the ethernet cable I am using to connect the 7i70 to the 7i74 port is suppose to be straight not cross correct?

The jumper on the 7i74 is set for power from cable.

thanks,

Bob
Last edit: 11 Jan 2017 05:08 by bevins.

More
11 Jan 2017 05:12 #85602 by bevins
Here it is, the test setup.

Attachments:

More
11 Jan 2017 05:35 - 11 Jan 2017 05:36 #85603 by bevins
ok,

Board configuration verified successfully.

So it has the right boards.... So I am down to 5v power not sufficient or wrong ethernet cables.

The 7i77 board works fine, in/outs etc...

The lights on the ports that the 7i70 and 7i71 boards are connected to are off.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2017 05:36 by bevins.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds