Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
12 Sep 2017 12:43 #98880 by bevins
bevins replied the topic: Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
I cant think of a reason to change tools in both spindles other than saving 15 seconds if you are on one end of the table to go back and change tools.

Just my thoughts.
More
12 Sep 2017 12:45 #98882 by bevins

rmu wrote: My machine has 2 spindles, 10 place toolchanger, one 4th axis that can be fit with a circular saw, and an additional horizontal spindle intended for manufacturing doors ("Schlosskasten"), all on one VFD.

The machine is running more or less, but I haven't figured out/implemented tool-change yet, and communication with the VFD (a control techniques model) doesn't exist yet.

I have the same VFD. You don't need to communicate with it. It has a pot connection. You just connect the 7i77 spindle out to those connections, then use the rpm output to go into 7i77 analog input so Linuxcnc knows the spindle speed and its done. Works like a charm.
More
12 Sep 2017 13:42 #98889 by Todd Zuercher
Todd Zuercher replied the topic: Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

rmu wrote: I don't really like committing half the tool pockets to one spindle, but it certainly seems possible, and should be better than nothing. Should be a useful next step after getting the tool changer to work with one spindle. Thanks.

I don't think he is referring to committing specific tool pockets on the tool changer to any one spindle. He is talking about committing sections of the tool table in Linuxcnc (I think the tool table has a size limit of 56 positions). Lets say you have a 15 tool position changer that can be accessed by 3 spindles. The tool table would need to have 3 sections of 15 tools, so in the table you would have tools 1-15 be for spindle #1, 21-35 be for spindle #2, and 41-55 be for spindle #3. In the table tool number 1,21,41 would all refer to the same tool and tool pocket in the tool changer, just in a different spindle, same for 5, 25, 45...
More
12 Sep 2017 14:07 #98892 by bevins

Todd Zuercher wrote:

rmu wrote: I don't really like committing half the tool pockets to one spindle, but it certainly seems possible, and should be better than nothing. Should be a useful next step after getting the tool changer to work with one spindle. Thanks.

I don't think he is referring to committing specific tool pockets on the tool changer to any one spindle. He is talking about committing sections of the tool table in Linuxcnc (I think the tool table has a size limit of 56 positions). Lets say you have a 15 tool position changer that can be accessed by 3 spindles. The tool table would need to have 3 sections of 15 tools, so in the table you would have tools 1-15 be for spindle #1, 21-35 be for spindle #2, and 41-55 be for spindle #3. In the table tool number 1,21,41 would all refer to the same tool and tool pocket in the tool changer, just in a different spindle, same for 5, 25, 45...

Yes but the remap will be really complicated. And then the second spindle cant even access the full 4X11. So I didnt see the need for the second spindle for the toolchange.
More
13 Sep 2017 17:12 #98925 by rmu
rmu replied the topic: Biesse Rover 342 circuit diagram
I just managed to upload the circuit diagram for my Biesse Rover 342. Reconstructed more or less from original documentation plus measurements and tracing wires, as circuit diagrams were not complete. Maybe some details are still missing. I used qelectrotech , PDF rendering is included. Most things are in german, but it should be easy to translate. Maybe somebody finds this useful.

bitbucket.org/rmu/biesse-rover-circuit-diagram
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds