linuxcnc updated and now have rounding corners

More
09 Jan 2017 19:33 #85543 by nodyeliab
Hello, I've recently took an update to linuxcnc and now all my corners are rounding but they weren't before the update. Is there a setting to put this back so it doesn't round anymore? I've looked through the thread here and found that the G64 P.### works but I would need to add this to all of my past NC files. I would prefer to have it setup like it was before, prior to the update.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 20:05 #85584 by BigJohnT
AFAIK this has never changed. G64 is the default setting when you start LinuxCNC. G64 is just blending G64 tells the planner to sacrifice path following accuracy in order to keep the feed rate up. What can change the path deviation is the acceleration of the axes.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/user/user-concepts.html

JT

More
10 Jan 2017 20:14 #85588 by nodyeliab
Thank you, do you know why after upgrading linuxcnc it would just start rounding? It wasn't before I took the latest update.

More
14 Jan 2017 12:35 - 14 Jan 2017 13:06 #85744 by Rick G
You could add G64 P.### to your start up in your ini file... It will be superseded by any program that set G64 that is later run.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/config/ini_co...sub:RS274NGC-section
Also
Depending on the version you upgraded from , currently...

2.10. [TRAJ] Section
Warning
The new Trajectory Planner (TP) is on by default.
If you have no TP settings in your [TRAJ] section - LinuxCNC defaults to:
ARC_BLEND_ENABLE = 1
ARC_BLEND_FALLBACK_ENABLE = 0
ARC_BLEND_OPTIMIZATION_DEPTH = 50
ARC_BLEND_GAP_CYCLES = 4
ARC_BLEND_RAMP_FREQ = 100

In your ini file...
The new Trajectory Planner (TP) is on by default.
linuxcnc.org/docs/ja/html/config/ini-config.html

Rick G
Last edit: 14 Jan 2017 13:06 by Rick G.

More
18 Jan 2017 12:32 #86048 by andypugh

Thank you, do you know why after upgrading linuxcnc it would just start rounding? It wasn't before I took the latest update.

It is possible that, previously, the maximum machine speed was limited by the 1-block lookahead, so the behaviour would have been the same if the machine could move as fast, but the machine simply wasn't moving as fast. (the new Trajectory Planner is capable of moveing much more rapidly, which was the point of it).

Did you do a complete re-installl or just an update? Is it possible that the machine acceleration limits were changed?

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds