linuxcnc Start endet with error

More
06 Feb 2017 13:34 #87386 by hre
Replied by hre on topic linuxcnc Start endet with error
Hello
i have also an other issue with a 5i24 i put the missmatch on same day 28 January 2017 on this number: forum.linuxcnc.org/39-pncconf/32244-pncconf-avoid-5i24-mesacard.

With Linuxcnc just Parport worked all the Mesa i bought do not work. In the beginning of January i send all the information which i send you first direct to mesastore but until today not one answer. The only one who concerns are you guys and many thanks for that.
In the meanwhile i got the second CNC Machine a self constructed precision machine with minium toleranc of one µm with grbl and a Arduino MEGA2560 board fore 8 € running with all 4 Motors and Spindle with PWM and Direction and Encoder and two Toolchanger with each 24 Toolplaces a flood and a chip convyer running. C# Programming i learned much earlier.
So no hasitat fore me it is ok when they ones will run then i sell them with the PC and the isolater Board. On the other i feal sorry to leav linuxcnc it is a real nice GUI invirement better then in grbl.
Best regards
hre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2017 13:57 #87390 by andypugh

With Linuxcnc just Parport worked all the Mesa i bought do not work. In the beginning of January i send all the information which i send you first direct to mesastore but until today not one answer.

The 5i24 does work. I am using one with my lathe, and I am very happy with it.

You might have to hand-edit the configuration, though. Possibly start with the
linuxcnc/configs/by_interface/mesa/hm2-stepper/
config, and edit it to use the 5i24 instead.

PNCConf can sometimes be useful, but it doesn't cover all possible card combinations.

More
06 Feb 2017 14:00 - 06 Feb 2017 14:01 #87391 by andypugh
The problem is here;

[ 527.794579] hm2_7i43.0: EPP Timeout while sending firmware!
[ 527.794596] hm2/hm2_7i43.0: failed to program fpga, aborting hm2_register
[ 527.794599] hm2_7i43.0: board at (ioaddr=0x0378, ioaddr_hi=0x0778, epp_wide ON) not
found!
[ 528.051701] hm2: unloading

Are you sure that the parallel port card is at the 0x378 address, and that EPP is enabled in the BIOS?

cat /proc/ioports

Might tell you the parallel port address, or, alternatively

sudo lspci -v
Last edit: 06 Feb 2017 14:01 by andypugh.

More
08 Feb 2017 14:44 #87563 by hre
Hello Andy
thank you very much fore your answers
To 7i43 board: i put it on an other PC and got the in attachment answer but still not running

To 5i24: In wich 5i* configuration did you get the config, because 5i24 denied pcncconf. This is the serious question because this card i like to use. Please tell me step after step what you get and did to get the 5i24 running.

I thank you very much fore your real,real good concern.

God bless you

Paul
Attachments:

More
08 Feb 2017 16:14 #87578 by andypugh

To 5i24: In wich 5i* configuration did you get the config, because 5i24 denied pcncconf.

If you tell Pncconf that you have a 5i23 (which is does know about) then you can edit the HAL and INI files and simply change all the "5i23" to "5i24".

You would need to choose a firmware that was similar for both boards, just to have the right type of HAL pins, but their physical arrangement on the daughter boards does not matter to LinuxCNC.

The 5i23 downloads a firmware on every boot. The 5i24 is flashed with the firmware to be used once when configuring. So you need to edit the "firmware=" out of the HAL file too.

If you just want to see the 5i24 work, though, it is very simple. Open a terminal and type the following:
halrun
loadrt hostmot2
loadrt hm2_pci

To find what HAL pins you have (copy and keep this output for future reference)
show pin

And, if you want to see some action from the card, this will turn in and off one of the board LEDs.
setp hm2_5i24.0.led.CR01 1
setp hm2_5i24.0.led.CR01 0

When you have finished your halcmd session
exit

The same will work for the 7i43, except that you would need "loadrt hm2_7i43" and need to provide a firmware and an EPP port address.

More
11 Feb 2017 06:34 #87801 by hre
Hello Andy

thank you a lot fore your great help. The 5i24 configured with the 5i23 and then changed all names witch smell to 5i23 in the new name 5i24 in .hal and .ini . Then i stacked because i do not know where the instruction "firmware" is located. The Test with the halrun brought this results. All Pin Not declared. The led on the did not react any way.

The halrun test with the 7i43 is shown in the attachment it seems to me that there is no connection to the parport.

I think we are colse to an end. Thank a lot fore your great help without you i where lost.

Best Regards
Paul
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2017 07:00 #87803 by andypugh

Then i stacked because i do not know where the instruction "firmware" is located.

In the HAL file, part of the command "loader hm2_pci"

The halrun test with the 7i43 is shown in the attachment it seems to me that there is no connection to the parport.

With a 7i43 is it not "loadrt hm2_pci" it is "loader hm2_7i43"

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/drivers/hostmot2.html

Also, for the details: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/hm2_pci.9.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/hm2_7i43.9.html

But note that for the 5i24 you do not need the "firmware=...." part of the conga string, and in fact probably want to start off with just "loader hm2_pci" when first setting up the 5i24.

More
13 Feb 2017 05:48 #87897 by hre
Hello Andy

thank you very much. I cheched every string you gave and tried to get it fixed. May be i am to creazy to snap it. But seriously i have no idea how to fill in a String or other stuff. See in the attachment fore both 7i34 and 5i24. that are copies from the terminal. With the synopticPaketmanager i installed on both PC , one for 5i24 and the other fore the 7i34 new pakages from download that hvae not been installed. You see Andy without your fantastic help i am a lost child in thedessert. Thank you very very much

Best Regards
Paul
Attachments:

More
13 Feb 2017 17:12 #87921 by andypugh
In the 7i43 case you completely missed out the "loadrt" command. In the 5i24 case you mis-spelled the command as "loart"

However, both cases have a problem that you are not using a realtime kernel. How did you install LinuxCNC, and what version?

More
17 Feb 2017 17:14 #88128 by hre
Hallo Andy

now i thank you very much 5i24 is know by halrun but not by Linuxcnc see attachment

The 7i43 has also just smaller issue but the little last i do not know. I made all new and thank you fore the last advice. I followed all steps on the Download Site for the Debian version. and the first succes with the 5i24 was there Thank again.
Yes Andy i can feel how many work you have. With the grbl was also some work fore me they did not have tool radius offset G41/G42
and it costs me at least one week work to do just the Mathe work and then an other week fore testing but finale now it works on one machine.
God bless you
Best Regards
Paul
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds