linuxcnc Start endet with error

More
18 Feb 2017 05:47 #88158 by hre
Replied by hre on topic linuxcnc Start endet with error
Hello Andy

one thing i need help is where to put the downloaded zip file fore the 5i24 and 7i43 from MESA?

Thank you
Best regards
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2017 12:40 #88259 by andypugh
Sorry, I have been away on a skiing holiday.
Did you figure out the answer to this question?

More
19 Feb 2017 20:08 #88292 by andypugh
To answer, the 7i43 files go in /lib/firmware/hm2/
You might not actually need them if you already have the linuxcnc-firmware package installed. (have a look in that location)

The 5i24 files can go anywhere, and, again, might not be needed if the 5i24 already has the correct firmware.

More
01 Mar 2017 16:54 #88824 by hre
Replied by hre on topic linuxcnc Start endet with error
Hello Andy

i finally gave up with MESA cards i did not get them run.

One interesting point fore my friend i would make a small machine. I remembered that Stepconf and Parport work and so i took that PC with Parport and started. That Linuxcnc what i downloaded and installed showed a warning when i want to Test Axis. Something with simulation software started up. Then i loaded the debian version new without the steps on your installation guide , just installed and started Stepconf. And see it works. Why does Pncconf not right the same out of the box. The problems with MESA are allready known. But that is up to you even with Stepconfig you did a great worḱ. Thank you a lot fore all your time you spent and your friends.
Best regards
Paul

More
01 Mar 2017 18:48 #88833 by Todd Zuercher
Why can't Pncconf work like Stepconf. Because the increased flexibility and number of options available with the Mesa hardware is about a thousand times more complex than only a simple parallel port.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds