can you add a measurement field and a go to button to emc2

More
08 Feb 2017 15:37 #87571 by Todd Zuercher
You can either install Gedit or use another text editor. (The Linuxcnc Wheezy ISO comes with Mousepad.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2017 16:01 #87575 by andypugh
I would say to just use Mousepad.

More
08 Feb 2017 21:56 #87610 by Pause22
I finally got the test to work all was good ,then my vcp disappeared and I can't seem to get it back the glade tab is still there but nothing on it .Any ideas?

More
09 Feb 2017 00:11 #87622 by andypugh
Did you change anything?

If you start LinuxCNC from the command-line you will probably get a message about what is going wrong.

(ie, open a terminal and type "linuxcnc" )

More
09 Feb 2017 11:26 #87650 by Pause22
could not find what went wrong so deleted the glade panel and started again ,it now works fine.so i guess the next thing is to try making the panel i want, any tips on what to use for entering the target measurement and also how to action it ?
thanks

More
09 Feb 2017 12:53 #87654 by andypugh
Probably just a HAL Spinbutton and an MDI Button

You can use the ${pin-name} format option in the MDI button to send a G0 command to the system.

More
09 Feb 2017 19:03 #87693 by Pause22
Hi I am starting to get my head around this now and in a strange way starting to enjoy it,the only problem I have is a lack of time and at the rate I'm going I'm going to need a lot of it .I was wondering if you or anyone you know might be able to do this for some kind of payment ?

More
09 Feb 2017 22:27 #87716 by andypugh
Can you give a more complete description of the requirements, and maybe even a sketch of how you imagine the UI looking?

More
10 Feb 2017 09:35 #87750 by Pause22
what i want to do is use stepconf to set up 1 axis as a fence on a chop saw,then the ui would need to have a numeric box to enter a target measurement (preferably by clicking on the box and entering the numbers on the keyboard) then a button to make the axis go to the target measurement.If possible it would also be good if the ui could show currentl position
Attachments:

More
10 Feb 2017 22:22 #87784 by andypugh
I don't think that stepconf would be able to help with this.

You might find this thread interesting, it is close to what you want (your needs are simpler). A table of positions might be more useful.

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ideas?start=10#82686

I can't offer to do this for money, I am on a skiing holiday all next week. And I don't ever take money for linuxCNC stuff because I want to keep it as a hobby. I might be able to put something together in a couple of weeks.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds