Chicago Linuxcnc users

More
02 Feb 2017 00:07 #87140 by gzero1
Hello,

Complete newbie here, Im just in Chicago for a couple of days to do some training for wire edm, I have a knee mill i would like to retrofit with linuxcnc when I return home,I was hoping that someone would let me take a look at something that they have done or just pass some info about what to watchout for?, I plan on using the mesa cards, but am unsure where to start, I belive that my servo motors have tachs on them. Anyway can anyone in or around Chicago get me pushed in the right direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2017 13:34 #87153 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Chicago Linuxcnc users
You might want to ask on the mailing list too. There is only a partial overlap between mailing-list readers and forum users.
(under "community" at the top)
Maybe also ask on the IRC.

More
02 Feb 2017 14:14 #87157 by gzero1
Replied by gzero1 on topic Chicago Linuxcnc users
I will probably wait until I get back to Southern Indiana to see if I can find someone local to me. I am looking forward to the retrofit, just a real green horn when im reading through here and people are talking about grounding out this pin or that pin to turn something off or on has got me a little apprehensive on diving into a somewhat (needs an azm servo amp) running machine.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds