NEED HELP AND OPINONS AND WAYS ON CNCLINUX WITH CNC MACHINE

More
07 Feb 2017 18:54 #87483 by StephenCNC
Hello Fellow Members,
I am a computer engineering student in college. My professor/head of the engineering department wanted to give a project to me to work on for him. This isn't required for class. He makes parts as an entrepreneur. He is using a CNC machine with CNC Linux. He uses a jog wheel, after he uses the jog wheel he has to look back at the monitor to see what its doing. He asked me if i can make mirror monitor using a Raspberry Pi using CNC Linux. He wants me to basically make a raspberry pi that has a little screen showing only the Linux CNC program for the CNC machine. He also wants it to connect to the jog-wheel. He also wants it to be able to send the data to the cnc machine and vice versa. He wants the Raspberry Pi to show what the jog wheel is doing on a screen(Raspberry Pi) that is duplicating and sending data to the CNC MACHINE that he uses.. If that isn't understandable he is using the jog wheel so that is connected to a CNC machine, but he wants to basically make a R PI where its a controller its shows only the cnc program that he can used to send data to the actually desktop CNC machine. So he wants me to build a monitor using a Raspberry Pi and CNC Linux that shows what the jog wheel is doing right in front of him then sends the data to the CNC machine desktop. What I thought of is having the Raspberry Pi duplicate the a second CNC controller that has the CNC program ? PLEASE HELP WITH OPINIONS OR IF SOMEONE HAS DONE THIS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2017 22:11 #87495 by tommylight
I am certain i read and replied to this before.
And again, please refrain from usin all caps when writing, it is considered screaming on the net.
Back on topic, you got plenty of replies on the other thread, none of the solutions work for you???

More
08 Feb 2017 23:07 - 08 Feb 2017 23:13 #87616 by bkt
see makinkit project for these (it use QUIC) .... personally for make these I use a custom java/android program on a phone .... I use a custom user comp in linuxcnc (my machine work with Lcnc) as modbus slave (libmodbus) for detect signal sending from my phone (master) using jamod2 lib.

The real problem is update mpg rotary encoder signal correctly ..... If your intent is send coordinate over ethernet connection is for shure possible .... but in these case the better solution is use rtai ethernet .. in these mode you can drive the makine in rtai mode (and unfortunately QUIC is not rtai ... is only very much fast)

after these

Todd Zuercher wrote:

bevins wrote:

Todd Zuercher wrote: Does he know he can buy these for not a whole lot of money (less than $80)

is a good alternative to do these.... but you can't use raspbarry pi .... if you must use raspbarry see the modbus way .... or QUIC way ...

I hope these help
Giorgio
Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 23:13 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds