Successfully jogging in Pncconf, but not functioning in Axis/Gmoccapy

More
15 Mar 2017 22:40 - 15 Mar 2017 22:42 #89695 by Dubmfg
Hey guys,

I previously tried to get my G0704 up and running on Pathpilot, to no avail, so I'm on to my backup plan of running LinuxCNC natively.

I have the axis set up and jogging successfully in Pncconf, but they do not function in Axis/Gmoccopy at all. It seems when I try to jog them the DRO moves to -0.001 or so, and then wont proceed any further. I've tried to expand my limits, change every parameter I can think of to no avail. I've seen another thread that suggested setting my axis_enable pins to 1, and I attempted that but I get a "not writable" error when I try to do so in the HAL file.

I've attached my two files. I feel like I'm so close to getting it working! Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

-Colin
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2017 22:42 by Dubmfg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2017 22:57 #89697 by PCW
The hal file is quite broken

I would at the minimum update to 2.7.8 and run pncconf again

More
16 Mar 2017 00:17 - 16 Mar 2017 01:26 #89704 by Dubmfg
I updated to current and what do you know, it works! I do have trouble with it requesting STEPGEN_MAXVEL and STEPGEN_MAXACCEL, but I just add those with the same values are they are differently-labeled in the INI.

The only problem I have now is that the machine doesnt back off my limit+home switches during the homing process. The switches are on X+, Y+, and Z+ Max. With Mach3 it would hit them quickly, back off, and fine trigger them, and then back off the switch by a set value. I've read through the manual's instructions and modified them but cant get a different outcome than the axis just freezing on the switch and erroring out as "axis on limit".
Last edit: 16 Mar 2017 01:26 by Dubmfg.

More
16 Mar 2017 03:48 #89715 by cncnoob1979
Had that issue once.

For me it was my limits were inversed in the homing sequence. Would hit my limit and back off in the wrong direction.

Are you using limits/homing switch as a single switch?

More
16 Mar 2017 19:09 #89769 by andypugh
Saw you in IRC last night. Did yo get this fixed?

More
16 Mar 2017 19:13 #89771 by Dubmfg
Yup! Homing successfully now. I don't believe my soft limits are working however, as I can jog right to the switch and have to toggle limits off and back it off each time I do. Trying to sort that out now.

More
16 Mar 2017 19:17 #89773 by andypugh

Yup! Homing successfully now. I don't believe my soft limits are working however, as I can jog right to the switch and have to toggle limits off and back it off each time I do. Trying to sort that out now.

Change the sign of the home-offset. It sounds like the switch is inside the limits rather than outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dubmfg

More
16 Mar 2017 19:24 #89775 by Dubmfg
That worked!!! I owe you a beer.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds