What do I need to add to turn threads

More
30 Mar 2017 17:36 #90584 by MAG45
no, its a BoB kit my friend assembled himself, and the suspected source of the problems i have been facing. I bought a cnc4pc c-10 to replace it.

not sure of the ratio to spindle of the gears, i will see if i can figure it out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2017 17:44 #90585 by andypugh

no, its a BoB kit my friend assembled himself, and the suspected source of the problems i have been facing. I bought a cnc4pc c-10 to replace it.

It says "Mesa 7i43" on it.....

not sure of the ratio to spindle of the gears, i will see if i can figure it out

Just rotate the spindle by hand and watch.

More
30 Mar 2017 17:54 #90586 by MAG45
they are completely disengaged and free spinning

More
30 Mar 2017 18:03 #90587 by andypugh

they are completely disengaged and free spinning

Is there an internal clutch or something? I was assuming they were driven from something inside the headstock, but perhaps that is not the case.

More
30 Mar 2017 18:13 #90589 by MAG45
I believe it used to be, i think the internals were remove by my friend when converting it. I was in a wheelchair at the time and couldnt really get in to see what he was doing.

My initial plan was to pull the main pulley off and make and aluminum slotted disk that slides on the drive shaft before the pulley to use for the sensor(s). I need to find whatever sensors I need first so i can figure out where i can mount them and what diameter to make the slotted disk.

More
30 Mar 2017 18:22 #90593 by andypugh
You could leave the pulley in place:

ve7it.cowlug.org/spindle-encoder.html

And it will be worth seeing if the 7i43 works, it's a better solution than the C10 in some ways. (You could use the C10 as a breakout for the 7i43, actually, with a bit of cabling)

More
30 Mar 2017 18:26 #90596 by MAG45
thanks for the link, looks like a good read for me.

I am so lost on the wiring, or how i would use the c-10 and the 7i43 together. I have had the c-10 a year and have read the instruction 100 times, but still scared to swap it out.

More
03 Apr 2017 01:32 #90785 by MAG45
Taking out the stuff in there that was never connected and there was infact a mesa 7i43 hiding in there. never been used for anything, i dont know why its there.

More
03 Apr 2017 09:33 #90790 by andypugh
It is probably worth trying to use it, it will allow you to have a higher-count spindle encoder than is possible with just the parallel port.

You will need one of these adaptors to connect between the parallel-port cable and the 7i43.
www.amazon.co.uk/Motherboard-Parallel-Pr...socket/dp/B00PI5XF4U
Or your local equivalent.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds