Linuxcnc error

More
17 Apr 2017 20:54 #91542 by chelseafan
Linuxcnc error was created by chelseafan
As you may of seen by another post I'm new to Linux and Linuxcnc. I've powered my orac up tonight that I've purchased. The machine all seems to power up and the computer is connected and powered up ok. I've opened Linux cnc and selected the orac config and I can hear the machine try to do something and then this error pops up. I've had two errors and taken an picture of the debug description

Any help please. I feel like it should be an easy fix as the machines are suppose to be working machines. Although I haven't seen them work everything points towards it doing so.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2017 21:15 #91548 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Linuxcnc error
You've got a couple of errors on your hal and ini files.

From the first, you may not have homing correctly set up in your .ini file so the pin does not exist. (eg, You may have said you don't have any limit switches on that joint.)

The second, you have the encoder pin connected twice which is not allowed. You probably need to comment one line out.

More
17 Apr 2017 21:21 #91550 by chelseafan
Replied by chelseafan on topic Linuxcnc error
I realised I didn't have the toolchanger plugged in. Got this now

File Attachment:

More
17 Apr 2017 23:34 #91561 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Linuxcnc error
You typically get 7i76 "pin does not exist" errors if there is no 7I76 field power when LinuxCNC ls started
(or 7I76 not connected or its 5V not powered etc)

More
18 Apr 2017 09:15 #91569 by chelseafan
ill check for loose wires then, hopefully something as simple as that. Is there a way of determining which pin 19 it is on which tb connector?

More
18 Apr 2017 13:55 #91581 by PCW
Input 19 is TB5 pin 4 (from 7I76 manual page 9)

Note that the missing pin complaint is most likely
a problem with the 7I76 power sources (or connection to the 5I25)

If you look in the hal file you will probably see that pin 19 is just the first
7I76 pin referenced in the file, and in fact whatever problem you have means
no 7I76 pins are present

More
18 Apr 2017 21:31 #91605 by chelseafan
So Abit of reading and poking around tonight and still no better off. Both jumpers w1 and w2 are set to the left so power is taken from the computer if I'm not mistaken. Both cr1 and cr2 lights are on and I put a meter on field power on tb1 and there's 12v on pins 1-4. So I must have power.
any ideas? Got a friend coming round tomorrow to help so he may be able to shed some light.

This was the last issue screen I had.

File Attachment:

More
18 Apr 2017 21:44 - 18 Apr 2017 21:45 #91608 by PCW
As rodw mentioned previously, that particular error ("already linked") indicates
an error in the hal file, this must be fixed before proceeding
Last edit: 18 Apr 2017 21:45 by PCW.

More
18 Apr 2017 22:17 #91610 by chelseafan
One of my issues is I'm reluctant to make changes to anything without it being a last resort. Reason being is the machines where sold to me as "working" machines. Now I know I haven't seen them working with my own eyes but i do think they have been run. The person was a big user I believe on here.
So what I'm hoping to track down and come across is a reason for these errors rather than making alterations and then coming across the reason later down the line and the machine 5 steps backwards not working because I have made the wrong changes.

Is there a way of finding all the errors present and not just the one?

Are there any go to checks that I could make before going down the route of making changes?

More
18 Apr 2017 22:45 #91614 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Linuxcnc error
As I said before

You've got a couple of errors on your hal and ini files.

The second, you have the encoder pin connected twice which is not allowed. You probably need to comment one line out.

You need to fix that and move on to the next error until it is clean. search for the ..........enc0.count pin and either comment out one line.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds