UNABLE TO TOUCHOFF DUE TO MDI "NOT HOMED" ERRORS

More
03 May 2017 17:44 - 03 May 2017 18:06 #92590 by Macinpa
Have checked & rechecked my system config, and continue to get MDI errors denying me touchoff function because axes are not homed - even though my machine was just homed with no problems. Have:

Gecko 540 XYZA motor driver board with par-port PC connection.
Have (N.C.) limit switches on separate XYZ lines, communicating back to PC via par-port pins 10, 11, & 12.
All switches are at max end of axis travel. Configured par-port pins as "Maximum + home" type function.
Set each switch to trip, then to backoff & release and then move to home_offset position.
Am sure all switches are functioning and correctly communicating back to PC.

Any help and/or advice from others with similar experience would be greatly appreciated
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 May 2017 18:06 by Macinpa. Reason: Attachments incomplete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 20:20 #92598 by tommylight
A axis is not homed, you have to home it before running MDI commands.

More
04 May 2017 15:24 #92649 by andypugh
You need to home the A Axis.
Give it a number in the HOME_SEQUENCE (probably 0) and also set the HOME_xxxx_VELOCITY setting to zero.
Your A axis should then home immediately without moving. Which is typically what you want with an A axis.

More
04 May 2017 20:08 #92674 by Macinpa
OH HAPPY DAY!

Yes thx Mr Andy for the tips, but before I got your reply, I found that LinCNC needed my Axis A (which has no Lim Sw) to be homed. Who would've guessed that the "Home All" button in Axis excludes this. I simply used the Machine pulldown menu in Axis to home A and the program suddenly opened up. There were no other broken switches, or inverted signals or faulty signal wires. Nor were my XYZ homing routines at fault. I loaded in my G-code & finally cut my first part as soon as I made the change.

Thank-you Mr. Andy Moderator for noticing the same problem and suggesting a way to auto remedy the problem. I shall follow your suggestions and make this part of my start-up configuration.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds