Gantry Homing

More
05 Jun 2017 23:16 #94128 by e76nystrom
Gantry Homing was created by e76nystrom
I have a CNC router that I have been running on a parallel port and am trying to convert it use the Mesa 5i25. I used some custom software to implement gantry squaring for the parallel port. The scheme I used will not work using the 5i25.

I found the following thread www.forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxc...1013-ja14-not-homing and have tried to modify hal and ini files to match the examples I found.

I am running master 2.8.0~pre1.

My router joint configuration is xyyza. When I load the attached configuration and try jogging, the x axis works properly.
When I try the y axis only the first motor moves. When I try the z axis I get a joint2 follow error.

Is the JointAxis code in the current master build or do I need to build another branch to get that?

Any ideas of things to try
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2017 02:22 - 06 Jun 2017 02:22 #94130 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Gantry Homing
Y2 is missing the PID component connections (and the Y2 PID component)

Not sure what's wrong with Z at first glance
Last edit: 06 Jun 2017 02:22 by PCW.

More
06 Jun 2017 09:49 #94131 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Gantry Homing
Joint axis is built into master. You don't need to do any custom code. Just set the homing offsets on your Y joints to be -1 (has to be negative and have to be the same) and then use the homing offsets to square the gantry in software when it homes.

More
06 Jun 2017 21:50 #94205 by e76nystrom
Replied by e76nystrom on topic Gantry Homing
Thanks for the help.

I got it working. I added the pid section to the second y axis. That fixed the z axis error because the z axis jogs the second y axis before it is homed. I found the Joint Axis documentation and fixed a couple of minor things in the ini file. I added HOME_OFFSETS to my y and y2 axis. My home switches are aligned so the offsets are the same for now. I moved one axis out of alignment and tested that it aligns properly.

I have attached the updated files as a current working example.
Attachments:

More
18 Jul 2017 19:11 #96016 by Yannis
Replied by Yannis on topic Gantry Homing
Hi
I try to set the same gantry router except the A axis(i have C axis)
what mesa card do you use?
thanks
Yannis

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds