Shared Home Switch is Closed

More
05 Jul 2017 19:20 #95410 by dyryn
We're brand new to the Linuxcnc world and have run into a problem. After we load one of our .ngc files and attempt to "home" the simulator, we get the following faults:

Cannot home while shared home switch is closed j=2
Cannot home while shared home switch is closed j=0

We simply want to run the G-code in simulation. We are not currently connected to a physical machine. I have included a screen-shot of our issue. What does this fault mean?

Also, is there a user manual or examples to use the simulator only mode of linuxcnc?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2017 20:46 #95413 by chimeno
Hello, it means that the axes X and Z are not set to home, you only have marked as the Y as ok.
regards

More
05 Jul 2017 23:32 #95418 by andypugh
That seems a bit odd.

It might be that the simulated home switches in the sim config have got in a tangle.

Does the same thing happen if you quit and restart LinuxCNC? Is there any chance that you stopped the machine part-way through the homing process?

More
06 Jul 2017 18:22 #95444 by dyryn
Replied by dyryn on topic Shared Home Switch is Closed
Thank you for the quick response. We'll look at these solutions.

More
06 Jul 2017 19:23 #95447 by dyryn
Replied by dyryn on topic Shared Home Switch is Closed
<It might be that the simulated home switches in the sim config have got in a tangle.>

If so, how do we correct it?

<Does the same thing happen if you quit and restart LinuxCNC? Is there any chance that you stopped the machine part-way through the homing process?>

Yes and I don't think we have.

<Hello, it means that the axes X and Z are not set to home, you only have marked as the Y as ok.
regards>

OK. But interestingly our homing errors don't occur every time. Sometimes it will home, sometimes it doesn't.

Now if we invoke Linuxcnc, de-select the Estop, Toggle Machine ON, then Home with the default Linuxcnc Engraving file loaded, it will Home just fine and occasionally run the code when we tell it to. Other times we get what you see in the attached file.
Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2017 19:55 #95449 by Clive S
If I am not mistaken the standard Lcnc splash file is imperial inches, have you set it up for metric! As this is not a homing problem Lcnc is trying to go out side the limits.

More
06 Jul 2017 21:03 #95451 by grump
Replied by grump on topic Shared Home Switch is Closed
Looks like you are making the classic basic mistake.
This might help www.palleteer.uk/projects/cnc-setup/

More
08 Jul 2017 06:24 #95493 by tommylight
Im simulator mode you have to jog each axis to a positive value on the DRO then home all or home separately. Sometimes it homes just fine even if negative values are present but most of the time it will not. That is dependant on how the limits are set in the ini file and simulated homes.

More
08 Jul 2017 09:39 #95498 by andypugh

Im simulator mode you have to jog each axis to a positive value on the DRO then home all or home separately. Sometimes it homes just fine even if negative values are present but most of the time it will not.

If that is the case (not something I have ever noticed) then it needs to be fixed.

(Note that if this problem is real, it is only a problem with the simulated home switches in the simulator configs, as far as I know real limit/home switches on real machines work as they should)

More
08 Jul 2017 12:24 - 08 Jul 2017 12:27 #95500 by tommylight
That is only in simulator mode, and i have noticed that only i Gmoccapy. Axis simulator works properly.
Sorry for not mentioning that.
It also depends on how far above or under the limits set in ini, and that should be normal i gues.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2017 12:27 by tommylight.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds