Figuring out a pendant for plasma table.

More
16 Aug 2017 06:26 #97550 by Moronicsmurf
So as suggested im figuring out how to make a pendant for a plasma table..

Question 1) Is it possible to have one button, that toggles between the axises instead of one button for each axis?
How would that look like in HAL?! Should one make it as a component instead maybe?!

Question 2) I find these 100ppr MPGs with 6 terminals, anyone know if these can be wired to a 7i76E that only has 2 channels?!
What is the -A/-B channels for in the 6 terminal versions..

Question 3) I run a 7i76E card, should one try to add on the pendant card for additional IO's?! And maybe even make it easier to deal with remotely?! (like a long ass Ethernet cable)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2017 09:50 #97559 by rodw
1) Yes, using a Mux 4 component
2) No, get a 4 wire one
3) You could consider a 7i73 but I cheated and purchased a Mesa compatible wireless pendant I found on Alibaba. This was not cheap, around USD $340 plus freight.

That goes back to a receiver which wires in to the Mesa card

If you go back though my Spaceship plasma build, there is a complete example of a single axis jog wheel including photos of the right MPG to buy. I have since modified this to provide 6 axis selection for the pendant I used.
See forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/32029...-plasma-cutter-build

If you are interested in the pendant, send me an email and I'll introduce you to my chinese contact.

More
16 Aug 2017 17:08 #97586 by Clive S

="rodw" post=97559]
2) No, get a 4 wire one

Rod what is wrong with the 6 wire one. I have several of the 6 terminals ones you just use them as single ended and not use the A- & B-
terminals and connect them to TB5 pin 1 &2 inputs 16/17. I use them for MPGs

More
16 Aug 2017 20:45 #97596 by rodw

Rod what is wrong with the 6 wire one.

I've never tried them. I've always been able to buy the 4 wire one.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds