starting computer directly with a linuxcnc config??

More
23 Aug 2017 07:09 #97908 by behidad
Is it possible to start computer directly with a LinuxCNC config made beforehand.
I want to turn on the computer and directly go to a config I have made formerly. Is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2017 18:43 #97941 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, it is.

Are you asking for starting a config automatically when Linux starts or a way to start a config with a single click and not open the config picker?
Both are possible.

To create a short cut that opens a config with a single click, there is a check box at the bottom right corner of the of the config picker screen, that will create such a short cut on your desktop when you choose and start a config from the config picker.

To make it start as soon as you login, is a generic Linux question. With Xfce desktop like the Linuxcnc ISO default, under the menu Settings/Session and Startup, click the tab Application Autostart and add Linuxcnc using the same command created for the desktop shortcut above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bncs

More
24 Aug 2017 08:40 #97960 by behidad
Tnx Todd,
I was asking for starting a config automatically when Linux starts.
That was so helpful. I'm new both to Linux and Linuxcnc.

More
30 Aug 2017 12:54 #98203 by andypugh
If you add the command "linuxcnc -l" to the startup items list then LinuxCNC will auto-start with the last config run.
Most times this will be exactly what you want, and is easier than specifying a path to a specific INI file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blue0cean

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds