Building a 6 axis robotic arm using LinuxCNC with KINEMATICS

More
21 Sep 2017 10:50 #99200 by bodhi_94
Hello,
I am planning to build a 6 axis robotic arm using linuxcnc platform. In robotic arms, Forward and Inverse Kinematics should be very precise. In the documentation of linuxcnc I found Kinematics articles but my problem is to make sure how is their performance in 6 axis robotic arms. Anyone in this forum have experience in these kind of situations ?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2017 12:42 #99205 by bkt
very precise = not so fast ... is this assumption clear in everyone's mind? ... and about precision you means: some 0,1 mm, some 0,01 mm, some 0,001mm or less of these? And after these your mechanical device can perform similar precision?
In my little experience only few big company can make a very precise scara (ex. epson 0,02mm precision and repeatability at velocity equal to a fast scara) ... many other major manufacturers claim data taken directly from the joints reducers but I strongly doubt that in reality it is possible to obtain the absolute stated precision. Think of a 6-axis that has stated the accuracy of 0.02mm and as much repeatability. Let's say that the end point capability is 40Kg and its arm is 1200mm ... put the arm at 45 ° and the second arm at 45 ° parallel to the ground, without weights ... apply to the end point the comparator ... load up to 2mm, then Hangs 40Kg ... What Happens ?? And these it is only static test. Think at result in dinamic world ....

to be politically correct: it is not that epson is better ... but only a little scara can get good precision results .... or special robots made with piezoelectric or electrodeforming engines or other robot type with non standard drive (standard drive = stepper, ac/dc servos).

After these: talk about your precision ideas .... so someone can send you a best reply.

regards
Giorgio

More
03 Oct 2017 08:28 #99804 by Zazakas
Precision is a big topic,
First for joint position, it has a lot to do with your encoder and motor driver.
For workspace positon, you should do lots of calibration to hardware(the robot it self, the mechanical parts), and the kinematics.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds