corner pause for hot wire

More
22 Sep 2017 15:33 #99271 by catalina752
I am trying to find out if linuxcnc has a corner pause feature to allow the middle of a hot wire to catch up before turning a corner. Without this feature, sharp corners would be cupped out in the middle of the cut due to the wire drag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2017 15:42 #99273 by Todd Zuercher
If G61 (or G61.1) doesn't give you enough of a pause, then you may have to insert a G4Pn at each corner (n=the dwell time in seconds.)

More
22 Sep 2017 16:03 #99276 by catalina752
The problem is the delay needs to be configurable as it is dependent on cut length as well as material density. It is also dependent on the angle. It is also not practical to add a g4 command on a toolpath that has as many as 100 or more nested shapes

More
22 Sep 2017 16:34 #99279 by Todd Zuercher
I believe that the dwell time for g4 can be defined by a parametric variable. But that still needs you to stick them in and figure out a way to properly define your parameter. It should be possible to build something with G-code remapping that does what you want, but I don't think I'm clever enough to do it.

But as to whether Linuxcnc already has something built in that does exactly what you want, I think the answer is no.

More
03 Oct 2017 12:33 #99807 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic corner pause for hot wire
An input filter that adds G4 commands on sharp corners ought to be possible too.

More
03 Oct 2017 15:08 #99815 by catalina752
I know that mach3 has it as well as flashcut. They are both systems that I have used in the past with cnc foam cutters

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds