two independent X at the same time.

More
11 Nov 2010 11:25 #5224 by andypugh
Gelar wrote:

what really needs to be calculated is a "real" radius that will be cut because the length of the NiCr string (from its holder with spring) is not equal to that of a foam block./quote]

This correction could easily be done in a preprocessor.

A more interesting (and difficult) approach would be to create a special kinematics module that, when given the distance from the XY plane to the front face, the distance between the axis planes and the block thickness automatically corrects the axis positions to follow the XY and UV paths on the actual foam surfaces.

Such a module could also potentially have an output for linking to the motion.0.adaptive-feed pin to slow the axes if either was over-speeding due to the geometry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2010 13:33 #5234 by step4linux
here is link to a software which does all this preprocessing. See menu "Foam Wing panels for CNC cutting"
It is for air wings, but you can import any profile, and the profile can also be simple circle.

www.profili2.com/eng/default.htm

More
04 Feb 2011 10:36 #6986 by Gelar
step4linux, how do you make conversion dxf to gcode (or how do you draw models)? that it suited for foam cutting. all soft i tried (and use now dxf2gcode) is made for lathe or milling and after conversion i have to correct it very hard.

More
04 Feb 2011 15:21 - 04 Feb 2011 15:22 #6987 by Gelar
andypugh wrote:

Gelar wrote:

what really needs to be calculated is a "real" radius that will be cut because the length of the NiCr string (from its holder with spring) is not equal to that of a foam block.

This correction could easily be done in a preprocessor.

A more interesting (and difficult) approach would be to create a special kinematics module that, when given the distance from the XY plane to the front face, the distance between the axis planes and the block thickness automatically corrects the axis positions to follow the XY and UV paths on the actual foam surfaces.

Such a module could also potentially have an output for linking to the motion.0.adaptive-feed pin to slow the axes if either was over-speeding due to the geometry.

I understand what you are talking about but have no idea from which side I should approach here. Maybe you can tell at least which part of a manual should i dig?
Last edit: 04 Feb 2011 15:22 by Gelar.

More
04 Feb 2011 16:22 #6989 by andypugh
Gelar wrote:

Maybe you can tell at least which part of a manual should i dig?

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/motion_kinematics.html

Also, the developer manual in general.

Looking at existing kinematics modules is also a good idea.

You can compile kinematics modules with "comp" is you don't want to recompile the whole of EMC2.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal_comp.html
You will need to install the emc2-dev package to use comp (sudo apt-get install emc2-dev)

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds