Simulating a machine for testing?

More
08 Feb 2011 11:58 #7069 by greeder88
When I try to test out my configurations it doesn't work without my card and motors hooked up. Is there a program to simulate my hardware?
I found this "EMC2 Pure Simulator" but it's not clear this does what I am looking for. The title looks promising.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2011 12:11 #7070 by BigJohnT
What hardware are you using?

Why won't the EMC2 Sims work for you?

John

More
08 Feb 2011 12:35 #7071 by greeder88
I am using the Pico Universal pwm controller.
When I click on EMC2 all I get is the error box without the hardware attached. Not sure how to even try Sims?

More
08 Feb 2011 12:47 #7072 by BigJohnT
Just pick Applications/CNC/EMC then under sample configurations pick a sim that is similar to your machine. I assume you just want to test out g code?

John

More
08 Feb 2011 12:56 #7073 by greeder88
No I would like to test out my custom modifications like when I add a pyVCP panel or really any other modification to see if it works right.
Probably not available and maybe not even possible. I stumbled on the "EMC2 Pure Simulator" and got my hopes up.

More
08 Feb 2011 13:07 #7074 by BigJohnT
The pluto card like the mesa card must be installed for a config that calls them to work. You might create a comp that supplies the simulated pins for your pluto card and use that to simulate with.

John

More
08 Feb 2011 13:19 #7075 by greeder88
Has anyone made a comp for a Mesa or Pluto card that I can try to copy? I have to do most of my configuring by the "Forgery" method since I don't understand this stuff enough to make an original.

More
08 Feb 2011 13:34 #7076 by BigJohnT
Not that I know of. But it is fairly simple to copy a simple comp and add pins to match what the pluto has. You would have to change your .hal file to load the comp and not load the pluto card... and compile it.

I assume your running an installed version?

I assume your machine is out in a cold garage and you want to work on your interface from the warmth of your house?

I think this could be something valuable.

John

More
08 Feb 2011 14:09 #7078 by greeder88
Oh Yea. I have three machines out in my garage that is heated but with the cost of fuel I keep it low enough to keep me comfortable when I wear a jacket. On top of that the chips are everywhere and it is congested with other stuff. I start my programs and run in the house. I use a baby monitor to hear when my cutting is done. I have wireless to link my computer to the garage computer. Anything to keep me in the house would be super valuable.

I use the installed version and every option I can put in like pendant, touchscreen, and working on my ATC. This is fun stuff especially since I don't know diddly about why all this works.

More
08 Feb 2011 14:35 #7079 by BigJohnT
First see if you have comp installed. Open a terminal and type in

man 1 comp

if you see

comp − Build, compile and install EMC HAL components

you have comp installed.

John

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds