3 x questions re. spindle speed settings & outputs

More
30 Jul 2011 01:47 #12001 by 1:1
Hello all,

Nutting my way through understanding my first hal file - borrowing heavily from pncconf (2.5) :)

Couple of things that are either bugs or I need to understand why they aren't:

Spindle settings - why are the max speed and accel boxes greyed out ? I'm restricted to 100rpm without changing the file myself

GPIO Outputs - I select Open Drain, but I don't see anything distinguishing the outputs I've selected in the hal file from standard outputs

... and while we're on the topic of spindles:

I have a AC servo here which I'm going to mate with an ER32 live tool for a spindle, it has 4000 ppr (thats 1000 lines huh?) encoders - so the encoder scale should be 4000 ?

What is one machine unit when it comes to velocity - 1rps ? so to achieve this the scale is 4000 points per sec ? i.e. 4000 ? or ?

Any help appreciated !

cheers,
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2011 02:18 #12002 by cmorley
EMC 's motion component does not limit RPM or acceleration for spindles like it does for axis.
Mesa's step driver can limit both so the boxes would be available if you used steppers.
My intention is to add the capability for limits and gear changes but have not got to it yet.

The open drain problem is a bug - I will fix it in a few minutes. - Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

scale would be 4000 if the encoder and the tool are geared 1:1
Internally EMC mostly works with RPS for GUI wise its RPM
The scale factor does not include rate. it is just how many counts for one revolution of the spindle.

More
30 Jul 2011 02:25 - 30 Jul 2011 02:27 #12003 by 1:1
thanks for the prompt reply !

I added in another line with GPIO/Blahblah.is_opendrain true at the end

Is that all there is to it ?
Last edit: 30 Jul 2011 02:27 by 1:1.

More
30 Jul 2011 11:34 #12025 by cncbasher

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds