pncconf with 5i25 and 7i77 and I need analog outs

More
15 Feb 2016 18:02 #70174 by djs14
Hello all,

I've ran pncconf and got my files generated but I'm getting the following error:

parameter or pin 'scale.spindle.gain' not found

I'm a total newbie to this hardware and to Linux so appreciate any input even if it's the most basic feedback :).

I can see the value in the HAL file. Is something kicking the file out before it reads the line perhaps?

I should probably post my HAL file or is there other things for me to fool around with?

Also, my X and Z drives require +/- 10v inputs so it looks like I blew it and got the wrong hardware. Any suggestions on what I should buy additionally to get this running? I'm working on a large lathe with a tool turret/changer.

Best regards all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2016 18:45 - 15 Feb 2016 18:51 #70176 by PCW
The 7I77 is an appropriate card for analog servos ( +-10V )

You will probably need to post your hal and ini filed here for someone to debug them

I would also upgrade to the latest LinuxCNC version ( 2.7.4 )so you have the latest PnCConf
Last edit: 15 Feb 2016 18:51 by PCW.

More
15 Feb 2016 19:17 #70180 by djs14

The 7I77 is an appropriate card for analog servos ( +-10V )

You will probably need to post your hal and ini filed here for someone to debug them

I would also upgrade to the latest LinuxCNC version ( 2.7.4 )so you have the latest PnCConf

Ok I did not see the option for analog output in pncConfig... just PWM ... but I recall something about making a PWM function like a DAC...? How should I proceed there?

I'm attaching my HAL file.

Thanks for the help!

File Attachment:

File Name: MiyanoLathe.hal
File Size:9 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2016 19:20 #70181 by djs14
Regarding the version I'm using, I just installed Linux and LinuxCNC from the disk image that was available about a month to 6 weeks ago. Has there been a new release since then? I noticed beta version on the PNCConf when I open it.

Thank you again

More
15 Feb 2016 19:24 #70182 by djs14

Regarding the version I'm using, I just installed Linux and LinuxCNC from the disk image that was available about a month to 6 weeks ago. Has there been a new release since then? I noticed beta version on the PNCConf when I open it.

Thank you again

I have version 2.7.0. I'll upgrade. Thanks

More
15 Feb 2016 19:37 #70184 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, a couple, version 2.7.4 came out about a week ago. And I think there were updates to PNCConfig.

Looks like there might be a few lines missing from your hal file (left out by PNCConfig).

More
15 Feb 2016 19:40 #70185 by djs14
Latest HAL file after upgrading to 2.7.4.

File Attachment:

File Name: MiyanoLathe-2.hal
File Size:9 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2016 19:41 #70186 by djs14

Yes, a couple, version 2.7.4 came out about a week ago. And I think there were updates to PNCConfig.

Looks like there might be a few lines missing from your hal file (left out by PNCConfig).

Thanks... upgraded and got same error.... guidance much appreciated!

Cheers

More
15 Feb 2016 21:55 #70192 by cmorley
try replacing the HAL file with this one.
It seems pncconf forgot to add some components.

Could you also paste the original file Miyabolathe-2.pncconf file - it will be found in /linuxcnc/configs

I would like to see why it did what it did.

Thanks

Chris M
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djs14

More
15 Feb 2016 23:14 - 15 Feb 2016 23:21 #70202 by djs14

File Attachment:

File Name: MiyanoLathe.pncconf
File Size:307 KB

Is this the file you're referring to? I just pasted your text into my Hal file and left all the other files with the same names.

try replacing the HAL file with this one.
It seems pncconf forgot to add some components.

Could you also paste the original file Miyabolathe-2.pncconf file - it will be found in /linuxcnc/configs

I would like to see why it did what it did.

Thanks

Chris M

Thank you that got me into LinuxCNC!

Would you recommend I make the changes manually in the HAL file or were your additions pretty simple?

I hadn't assigned IO, etc and need to play with scaling and tuning. Be nice to do it from pncconf for now since this is the first time I've played with the HAL file. I've got to get in that area for my tool turret program. Any advice or links to a good tool turret hal file? I've got four limit switches which define the tool turret location and one more that is like an index. Sorry if I should be starting a new thread or using search for this info :).

Also how do I set +/-10vdc analog out if I'm only seeing PWM outputs in pncconf?

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2016 23:21 by djs14.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds