Analog Spindle Drive Voltage Problem

More
28 Apr 2016 01:45 #73977 by Sousanator
Hey gents, I'm doing a retrofit of a 93' Cincinnati Lancer 3 axis mill using a mesa 5i25/7i77 combo. It uses Fanuc analog servo drives.

I've managed to get all 3 axes working as well as the spindle, but when I use PNCconf to test the spindle the drive voltage on AOUT5 does not change.

The odd thing is that if I plug in the spindle interface to a port configured as an axis the drive voltage works perfectly. If I then change the config to spindle, AOUTx no longer works. This leads me to believe that this is a software issue. Do you think I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Let me know if you need anything else! Any help would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2016 09:50 #73995 by andypugh
This sounds like a quirk of Pncconf. Does the spindle work with the generated machine configuration?
I would suggest just carrying on and ignoring the spindle test part of pncconf. You can always debug things later if the final config also doesn't work.

More
28 Apr 2016 22:34 #74028 by Sousanator
No the generated file does not work.

Basically what happens is the output voltage is always 0 if the axis is configured as a spindle. There just has to some setting somewhere.. maybe missing a hal pin?

More
28 Apr 2016 22:49 #74029 by andypugh
Post the HAL file, we can probably spot the problem.

More
28 Apr 2016 22:58 - 28 Apr 2016 22:58 #74030 by PCW
Yes post the hal file, it should be easy to fix.
What version of LinuxCNC are you running?
There was a bug in the spindle hal wiring ( a net name mismatch) but I thought it was fixed 2.7.4
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 22:58 by PCW.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds