Sable-2015(G540) configuration with 5i25

More
06 Jul 2016 19:10 #77098 by C9cnc
I am trying to get my setup to turn some plastic.

I am new to Linux and CNCs in general but trying to move forward.

I have had some direction from Peter at Mesa but still not there. I have been able to use the Linux CNC and move around using the built in parallel port on the PC. So I know the hardware and PC are working. Just would like to use the 5i25 card.

I have done the following with no problems as Peter recommended using the G540 configuration as it was the same. I am using just he DB-25 connector on the 5i25 with no BOB.

sudo mesaflash --device 5i25 --write 5i25_g540x2.bit

and then to load the FPGA with the new information

sudo mesaflash --device 5i25 --reload

I was hoping then to use PnCConfig to use the documentation from the Sable-2015 to finish the configuration. If that is possible I am not seeing it. ??? Please advise.

Peter did send an .xml, an .ini and a .hal files that said would need to use a text editor to make all the changes to configure to the Sable 2015. Looking in these files I have no idea what lines need to be changed in them. I do know the configuration values for the Sable.

He indicated to place them in the ~/linuxcnc/configs path.

Was hoping to modify these files using the PnCConfig tool.

Any help for this newbie would be appreciated.

TIA,

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2016 19:18 #77100 by andypugh
PnCConf is a one-way tool. It creates a config from its internal data, but can't populate its internal data from a config.

The INI file is moderately comprehensible:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-config.html

The HAL file ought to be almost self explanatory. Note that the HAL file reads values from the INI using [SECTION]VARIABLE format.

More
06 Jul 2016 19:39 #77102 by C9cnc
Ok, I will attempt to make the changes and try to get the axis's to all move properly.

Then I will need to add my abort and limit switches in to the configuration. Electrically that is easy for me.

Thanks for your time.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds