LinuxCNC Job CONTRACT - OFFER MEsaIO

More
18 May 2017 09:21 #93332 by dewayne
Hello Group

I am offering a contract for help as in setting up the HAL files to get machine going QUICK.

Short requirement 6-AXIS XYZABC Router/Milling Machine

Mesa 6i25 + 7i76 ( times 2 )
PC Asrock 32 or 64 Bit
Touch Screen
EStop
Power On
Endstops Min Max
Home all axis

Require Some one to create the setup for me
Currently have it set up on the Bench XYZ but Need ABC also

CASH WAITING FOr experienced person who can Help out here

I am NOT a LINUX PERSON Sorry to say BUT GETTING the Machine up and RUNNING is MOST Important to move away from Mach 3

Rgds

DeWayne Young

dewayne.young at me dot com
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2017 12:31 #93341 by tommylight
Triple posting
Already replyed
Delete this.

More
21 May 2017 00:56 #93413 by andypugh
There are a few folk who do contract LinuxCNC work (I don't, my every waking hour appears to be full).
It might help to say where you are in the world.

More
21 May 2017 08:50 #93425 by dewayne
Thankyou for the Reply.

I am British from the UK. However I live and work now in HCMC (aka Saigon) Vietnam, Basically ALL is Vietnamese language and impossible to find any Linux Chaps here that speaks english, as I said in my previous post, curently using a 6-axis chinese Mach 3 controller to get up and running, and trying to switch to LinxCNC.

Finding myself learning Linux, Python, LinuxCNC all at one time which is allot.

Last night I installed Cinamon - MINT 18.1 and was able to download LinuxCNC and compile from source. The cool part is now my Dell 22 inch Touch Screen WORKS!!!

I have here on the Bench got 1 Switch tied to Home ALL Working and axis XYZA working

WHen I say Working I got the drives turning NOT moving anything

Been editing the HAL and INI file copy and pasting from the XYZA created by Pncconf Wizard copying the A-Rotary stuff and making a B and C version of the same. But Linus will not start at all.

I am using the 6i25 in the 5i25 Mode
I am using 2 7i76 daughter boards

Port 3 is XYZ
Port 2 is ABC

So that is the Latest from JUNGLE LinuxCNC today.

Any Help Appreciated

More
21 May 2017 10:52 #93426 by rodw
I'd suggest you run linuxcnc from the command line and watch for the errors. If linuxCNC does not start it is usually a syntax error and it halts as soon as it finds the first one. So fix it and try again and see if there is another error and move onto it.

Its good that you have taken responsibility for your installation, I am sure many of us will provide help and guidance as you get this working.

More
21 May 2017 12:11 #93428 by dewayne

Small Victory all 6-axis Moving and Home all but on StartUp I am getting this error MSG. If I click OK all seems to work.

Any Suggestion on Breaking down this error

THanks all
Attachments:

More
21 May 2017 12:39 #93429 by dewayne
This is ther terminal Dump On Startup from the Command Line

DeWayne
Attachments:

More
21 May 2017 12:51 #93431 by rodw
is home/jungle/.axisrc a custom file?

It does not seem to be in a standard LCNC location. It looks like in line 2 of that file, you are trying to split a string but the object is a tuple (a pair of values) not a string. I think it is an error of your doing, not a problem with LlnuxCNC.

More
21 May 2017 12:58 #93433 by rodw
Looking at your error dump, you have also edited your files on a Windows machine and the line endings are wrong format. use dos2unix to convert your config files to Linux format. See www.linuxcommand.org/man_pages/dos2unix1.html

See messages near the end of file for file names.

If you must edit on Windows download the free notepad++ text editor but it is better to do all editing on a Linux machine.

Clearly something wrong with font handling, but fix the obvious first.

More
21 May 2017 12:59 #93434 by dewayne
No custom file has been added as of yet. Install from SOurce compiled and edited the HAL and INI file that is all i have done thus far.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds