7C81: I'll add it if I get a thumbs up from a Moderator

More
14 Jul 2023 19:41 #275434 by gene_weber
Attached is the private_data.py file from the 2.9 pre-release which has been updated to include the 7C81 card. It has all of the firmware choices associated with the Mesa pin files except the two that are 7i77 related. They have MuxedQCount, and it looks like the pncconf software does some special things to deal with that. So I opted to avoid it.

File Attachment:

File Name: private_data.py
File Size:99 KB

I'm willing to update the github repository if a moderator, or whomever blesses such things, give that a thumbs up. Or someone who maintains pncconf could push this file.

However, I would really like one or more people to try this before pushing it to the repository. It appears to work, but...

To give it a try:
sudo mv /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pncconf/private_data.py /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pncconf/old_private_data.py sudo cp private_data.py /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pncconf/private_data.py

Gene
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2023 20:34 #275437 by rodw
The way to have this reviewed for inclusion would be to fork the Linuxcnc repository,
Create a new branch  maybe call it 7C81-pncconf
Make your changes to that branch and commit it to your repo under that branch.
Then you can create a pull request which the devs could review and include.

Normally, changes get pushed to master branch but I think you should work against V 2.9 in this case so it is included in the pending release of 2.9

Good luck!

More
14 Jul 2023 21:22 #275440 by cmorley
I did a quick test - seems as if it works in pncconf.
I assume you have tested on a real card?

the tab names p1/p5/p6 p2/p5/p6 etc is that right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
14 Jul 2023 21:37 #275443 by gene_weber
Attached are the manual and a pin file. 

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

I named the tabs p1/p5/p6, etc because some of the pin files include the sserial channels which are listed in the document as P5 and P6. This naming seems like it's arbitrary, and I almost just made the tabs P1, P2, and P7. I can make it whatever people think is the least confusing.

Gene
Attachments:

More
14 Jul 2023 21:41 #275446 by gene_weber
And, yes it seems to work with my 7C81 card, but I don;t have a complete system setup yet.

More
14 Jul 2023 21:48 #275448 by cmorley
Should it not be p1,p2,p7 and then p5,p6 - idea being a tab represents a connector?
It might be too much trouble to bend pncconf to do this though.

What about the GPIO connector?

I can push this when you are happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
14 Jul 2023 23:22 #275463 by gene_weber
All the signals are actually going through P1, P2, and P7. I'm just going to drop the P5 and P6.

More
15 Jul 2023 00:33 #275468 by gene_weber
OK, I did what Rod suggested. I made a fork, made that slight change to the file to simplify the tabs, and created a pull request in  the LinuxCNC repository. I use github regularly, but work alone. This gave me an opportunity to learn a few new bits.

Gene
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
15 Jul 2023 06:05 #275488 by rodw

OK, I did what Rod suggested. I made a fork, made that slight change to the file to simplify the tabs, and created a pull request in  the LinuxCNC repository. I use github regularly, but work alone. This gave me an opportunity to learn a few new bits.

Gene

Great! I am sure Chris will take it from there. :)

More
17 Jul 2023 22:49 #275691 by gene_weber
I cancelled the pull request because I think what I submitted was incorrect I separated out P5 and P6 in this version, but still think it's not correct.

File Attachment:

File Name: private_da...07-17.py
File Size:104 KB

I don't know how to handle the smart serial interface. The PIN files list TX Data, RX Data and TX Enable, but I don't understand how that aligns to the signal list in the document for P5/P6.
Attachments:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds