What subroutines are the most useful?

More
22 Mar 2013 17:26 #31718 by vederstein
Just wondering,

What NGCGUI subroutines do you find the most useful? Do you find one general type more useful than another? (e.g. locating routines used more than profiling routines.) Please split your responses between lathe and mill routines.

Thanks,

...Ved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2013 17:44 #31719 by ArcEye
Hi

I think that will be different for every user, depending upon the kind of work they do.

Personally for lathe, I almost exclusively use the G71 and G72 subs I posted a while back for profile cutting

For the mills, it is largely things like, surfacing, circle cutting, PCD drilling, drilling canned cycles etc

I mostly work on diverse one offs, rather than production.

regards

More
22 Mar 2013 19:10 #31721 by BigJohnT
Yep, it just depends on the machine and the need. On my lathe I use my facing, OD, drill, tap, ID, taper OD and profile subroutines the most. On my Mill I'm still working on adding them. On my plasma cutter I use my X trim, and box the most.

John

More
29 Mar 2013 16:25 #32027 by Rick G
On the lathe almost everything we do now. ID, OD, ID taper, OD taper, facing and profile cutting.

On the mill, facing, slots, grooves, circles, pockets, duplicating a part several times on one piece of stock, finding the center or edge of a part, finding and duplicating a drill pattern.
We use a somewhat complicated combination of subs to produce wheel spacers, adjustable nema motor mounts etc. With an inside hole, a drill or hole circular pattern and an outside pattern as attached below.

Attachments:

More
30 Mar 2013 05:26 - 30 Mar 2013 05:27 #32064 by vederstein
I got a kick out of writing these subroutines.

The radial slot is one I haven't thought of, yet I see it quite useful.

If I get the inspiration (i.e. I get really really bored), I might give writing that one a try.

...Ved.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 05:27 by vederstein.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds