Radius sub question

More
23 Jun 2014 00:10 - 23 Jun 2014 00:15 #48183 by Davenc
Radius sub question was created by Davenc
I'm using the radius sub from the library that John put in there but I need a cw radius for a bobbin type end. I've included a picture to avoid confusion. I've looked at the code and so far have not been able to figure out what to change to get this to work. Does anyone have a canned file that they are already using to do this? I've tried changing G2 to G3 is the sub, it cuts good but then when it returns for the next pass the tool goes inside the instead the piece instead of outside. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing due to lack of experience coding. The end where my finger is, is the end chucked in the lathe.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Jun 2014 00:15 by Davenc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2014 22:05 #48202 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Radius sub question
Hi

Looking at JTs sub, it is really for radiusing the end of a bar, not what you are trying

My metric lathe sub routines have an example file for a finial I made several of which is similar

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...71-g72-etc-etc#34327

You will not be able to use it directly I suspect, but it will show you the sequence of G2 and G3 cuts which result in that shape, so may assist

regards
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2014 03:29 - 05 Jul 2014 03:33 #48435 by Davenc
Replied by Davenc on topic Radius sub question
I ended up downloading a free version of DraftSight to draw the part and then purchased a copy of cad2gcode.com/. His videos describe the process drawing and converting polylines and converting them to cutting paths, I got what I needed and learned a thing or two.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2014 03:33 by Davenc.

Time to create page: 0.861 seconds