Subroutine GUI

More
04 Mar 2011 16:50 #7580 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Subroutine GUI
Did you copy/create each one and put it in the directory you specified in your ini file?

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2011 18:35 #7582 by Pilotltd
Replied by Pilotltd on topic Re:Subroutine GUI
BigJohnT wrote:

Did you copy/create each one and put it in the directory you specified in your ini file?

John

Yep - it shows the ngc file in the gcode window but wont run it. It just stops with the near line 26 error :(

Steve

More
04 Mar 2011 19:35 #7583 by BigJohnT
The only way that I know of to get that error is the file is not where you said it is. Look on line 2 to see the path that ngcgui is looking for the file in. I can duplicate that exact error just by renaming one of my subroutines.

John

More
04 Mar 2011 21:28 #7587 by Pilotltd
BigJohnT wrote:

The only way that I know of to get that error is the file is not where you said it is. Look on line 2 to see the path that ngcgui is looking for the file in. I can duplicate that exact error just by renaming one of my subroutines.

John

Thanks John - found it, it was the TTT_Preamble path.

Need to mess with my custompanel - speed display is in the way and obscures parameters 11 & 12 on a 1024x768 screen

Steve

More
06 Mar 2011 17:53 #7609 by cwmk577
Replied by cwmk577 on topic Re:Subroutine GUI
Is there any way to adjust the packing of the UI elements, i.e. to make them stack vertically or put scroll bars on the fram? I am using an 800x600 touchscreen and in Axis a lot of the fields get cut off. I don't mind tweaking code but I am not at all familiar with Tcl.

Alternately, is there a way to run in standalone mode with multiple tabs? While I like having it inside Axis it's not a dealbreaker to run standalone. But I do really like being able to define multiple operations into a single part file.

More
06 Mar 2011 18:23 #7610 by BigJohnT
I think there is a way to run it stand alone. You might check the README file and if you can't find what you want in there Dewey has his contact info in the README file.

John

More
06 Mar 2011 19:32 #7611 by Pilotltd
cwmk577 wrote:

Is there any way to adjust the packing of the UI elements, i.e. to make them stack vertically or put scroll bars on the fram? I am using an 800x600 touchscreen and in Axis a lot of the fields get cut off. I don't mind tweaking code but I am not at all familiar with Tcl.

Alternately, is there a way to run in standalone mode with multiple tabs? While I like having it inside Axis it's not a dealbreaker to run standalone. But I do really like being able to define multiple operations into a single part file.

Same thing was happening to me with 1024x768 screen. The solution I found was to remove the font information in the ini file.

Make the line

NGCGUI_FONT = HELVETICA -10 normal

read

NGCGUI_FONT =

It now resizes properly to show as tabs in axis without anything being cut off.

Running stand alone doesn't work here for some reason, oddly the gui opens up minimised with no content whatsoever when expanded?

Steve

More
28 Mar 2011 20:37 - 28 Mar 2011 20:38 #8223 by BigJohnT
An updated screen shot of my lathe config.

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2011 20:38 by BigJohnT.

More
29 Mar 2011 21:09 #8267 by piasdom
Replied by piasdom on topic Re:Subroutine GUI
what file do i need to edit to be able to get tabs? it's been about 2 or 3 years, i ask someone and they say
go read this or that. i do, but NOTHING i've ever seen told me WHICH file/program to edit. time later and i ask
again, so i try to read what the told me. again again no mention of which to start with. i would appreciate
ANY help, even if you tell me to go read this or that. i would try again. Thanks for any help :)

More
29 Mar 2011 21:28 #8268 by BigJohnT
Are you wanting to add ngcgui or just get tabs for pyvcp?

What version of EMC are you running?

John

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds