Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
20 Feb 2012 15:54 #17866 by andypugh
cmorley wrote:

Is this functionality needed? I could not think of a need to have the machine out of estop but machine off, so I combined them.
It's easy to have them separate if there is a good reason.

It's a corner-case, but if you have motors that need to home themselves (bldc + enccoders) then you can use the fact that f-errors are not raised with the machine off to sequence the motor homing.
(the on-button starts the home sequence, then the homing sequence turns on emc2 when finished)
E-stop kills the power, so precludes this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2012 16:50 #17867 by cncbasher
Andy
yes i was thinking having the machine on button start the homing sequence if not homed already .
but also looking at the possibility if someone hit the on button , and the machine was in a state of danger , last thing we need is a table shooting at full tilt
so perhaps on selecting machine on , a unhomed led , to alert user to initalise homing before continuing may be a better solution

Karl
yes a follow error to go to machine off status , so this can be restarted by selecting machine on again and possibly rehome sequence , due to the fact that a follow error would have resulted in lost position , so rehome

More
20 Feb 2012 16:54 #17868 by skunkworks
On a stepper machine with no feed back - this might be a true statement. On a closed loop servo or stepper machine (where emc closes the position loop using something like encoder feedback) a following error will not cause loss in position. Neither will an estop.

sam

cncbasher wrote:

Karl
yes a follow error to go to machine off status , so this can be restarted by selecting machine on again and possibly rehome sequence , due to the fact that a follow error would have resulted in lost position , so rehome[/quote]

More
20 Feb 2012 18:10 #17874 by BigJohnT
cncbasher wrote:

the way i have it working here John , is that the Estop will toggle machine power to off on activation also
and needs then the gui to be set active again before continuing , my thoughts are to have an additional led next to the Estop led which shows machine on so you can instantly see either the machine on status and Estop Status together
i.e 2 greens and your cooking on gas ! , one red one green and your goose is cooked , or someones hit the Estop etc

If I had a dollar for every time an accidental push of the E-Stop had the machine off with no indication I'd have 10 or so bucks... some kind of indication that an E-Stop is in is a big help.

John

More
21 Feb 2012 07:36 #17895 by cmorley
Michael is hosting gscreen on his git repo.
git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc2-dev.git

It's still based on master branch.

We added another led to the estop button for machine on.
now push once estop reset
push again machine off
push again estop / machine off

you can hide the pointer and zoom the plot with buttons.

More
21 Feb 2012 08:39 #17896 by mhaberler
Ok, idiot question. I installed it - how do I start gscreen?

-m

More
21 Feb 2012 09:03 #17897 by cncbasher
press estop twice
once to reset
once to switch machine on
2 green leds and your good to go

More
21 Feb 2012 09:12 #17898 by mhaberler
I mean the command line

$ gscreen <and what goes here?>

-m

More
21 Feb 2012 09:18 #17900 by cncbasher
just change the display entry in your INI file to gscreen

More
21 Feb 2012 09:20 #17901 by cmorley
now you must change the line in the INI file.
under the head [DISPLAY]
look for:
DISPLAY = AXIS
change it to
DISPLAY = gscreen

then run linuxcnc normally and select that config.

It you get a weird number for VO percentage and the screen is too big for the display
add a DEFAULT_VELOCITY = something sane under the [TRAJ] heading

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds