Lathe Macros

More
01 Jan 2014 00:01 #42232 by strykerg
Replied by strykerg on topic Lathe Macros
managed to get it working. im an idiot > the custom_postgiu.hal I had was used for the old ui! I removed it and it worked

thanks to both of you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 01:28 #42238 by strykerg
it seems that the parameters are not being passed through the routine

when I start the routine the program says Named parameter #5 = #<_hal[gladevcp.radius.z-f]> (Finish Z ) not defined. and that's the first one so I assume that they are all not working

if I go to hal meter I can find the gladevcp.radius.z-f pin and it contains the correct value. did I misconfigure something?

More
01 Jan 2014 02:50 #42245 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros
G-code access to HAL pins has to be turned on in the INI file. It is a setting ("FEATURES") in the [RS274NGC] section.
[RS274NGC]
FEATURES = 12

Not very clearly documented
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/s...d_sub_ini_features_a
The following user(s) said Thank You: strykerg

More
01 Jan 2014 03:02 #42246 by strykerg
still didn't work.

if in the mdi I do (debug, #<_hal[gladevcp.face.z-f]>) it outputs "######" shouldn't that show the value? (which is showing in the hal meter/configuration)

More
01 Jan 2014 03:09 #42247 by strykerg
it finally worked.

I didn't see the first [RS274NGC] I taught it was missing so I added another one :S

thanks a lot hope I didn't annoy you too much. I will be giving you feedback on this so be ready :)

Happy new year!!

More
01 Jan 2014 07:27 #42255 by andypugh
You will probably prompt me to fix some unintentional features.
The new tab steals keyboard events, so you can't jog if the mouse is in the tab.
That really annoys me.
Also, the tool-per-tab thing isn't convenient for me as I have no tool changer, so I really need the buttons like the pyvcp version had.

I am interested to hear what you think of the rest of it

Threading still isn't quite right. The idea is that it should make the right thread flats and depth for a nominal thread size if the tool is profiled and cutting a true diameter. It doesn't quite work out that way.

More
01 Jan 2014 17:17 #42258 by strykerg
Andy,

overall it looks really neat or rather excellent. I know about the tab stealing keyboard, I had a camera tab on my router and I kinda got used to moving the cursor out of the window when jogging.

i tried threading an external thread and it worked fine.

what is the reason for the final move after threading? why not just rapid out in Z the tool should be clear (by 0.2 I think) off the work already?
g1 X #<OD> ; final truncation
g1 Z #5
G0 X[#<OD> +1]
I like the idea of just putting in the thread diameter however its not possible to turn non metric threads that way. I will make (or modify) the ui so that parameters can be entered rather than calculated.

the other thing that didn't quite work well was boring, the tool rapids out towards the work instead of inside the bore.

Ill find some time and try fix them at least ill learn something new:)

just one question - where the hell in Glade do you change the spinboxes' maximum value from? i've been looking all morning and comparing with other spinboxes but no luck!

More
01 Jan 2014 21:09 #42263 by andypugh

the other thing that didn't quite work well was boring, the tool rapids out towards the work instead of inside the bore.

I use it a lot, so I can only conclude that I must have made a change and not updated the version here.

I like the idea of just putting in the thread diameter however its not possible to turn non metric threads that way

It should actually work just as well for American standard threads, as the geometry is identical. It won;t work for Whitworth, BA, Panzergewinde etc.

just one question - where the hell in Glade do you change the spinboxes' maximum value from? i've been looking all morning and comparing with other spinboxes but no luck!

Each Spinbox has an "Adjustment" that contains the max and min. (several spinboxes can share an "adjustment", but that seems to mean that they share the same value too, which can actually be useful at times)

More
01 Jan 2014 22:39 - 01 Jan 2014 22:48 #42266 by strykerg

Each Spinbox has an "Adjustment" that contains the max and min. (several spinboxes can share an "adjustment", but that seems to mean that they share the same value too, which can actually be useful at times)

yes but in Glade , when I open the properties window of a specific spinbox I can't find min max values. the reason I want to do this is that for testing I want to change from feed per rev to feed per min and the spinbox is limited to 2 (so that I can test with the spindle motor off) - I also am curious because I did use glade a few years ago and I am sure there is a min max value somewhere as you are stating

*edit*

ok I managed to find it.

the adjustments are at the bottom of the list. I was looking at the spinboxes' "visual" properties
Last edit: 01 Jan 2014 22:48 by strykerg.

More
01 Jan 2014 22:48 #42267 by andypugh

but in Glade , when I open the properties window of a specific spinbox I can't find min max values.

You need to look in the Spinbox properties for the associated "Adjustment" then find the "Adjustment" in the widget tree, and there you will find the min and max.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds