Lathe Macros

More
11 Jun 2014 02:48 #47860 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Lathe Macros
Andy
I installed the lathe Macros in Gscreen and found that the code is not posted. I also have NGCGUI installed and that works ok. where is the best place to put the ngc and png files that goes with your macros?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2014 03:13 #47862 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros

where is the best place to put the ngc and png files that goes with your macros?

I have them in the config folder (the same path as the INI) to keep them "safe"

There are a few annoying quirks (which I need to fix) but I use them pretty much exclusively.

The quirks are (starting from the most serious)
1) They read the starting position before doing the tool change. This is very bad. I have found that having the tool change automatic is annoying anyway, and I plan to add a "load tool" button to each screen rather than do a tool change to the selected too.
2) For some reason you generally have to click "run" twice.
3) You can't keyboard-jog with the mouse pointer over the Glade tab.

I will fix 1 soon, but I don't know how to fix 2 and 3, and just live with them.

More
11 Jun 2014 13:20 #47873 by mariusl
I have them in my config folder. The quirks are ok except for the first one as you said.
The main problem though is that no code is posted. The message comes up but no code. I am trying to get it to work with Gscreen. Have you tried that before?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jun 2014 17:23 #47882 by andypugh

The main problem though is that no code is posted?

I don't know what you mean?

The tabs just run fixed parametric G-code routines. They don't generate G-code.

More
11 Jun 2014 17:44 #47886 by mariusl
I thought that you post gcode to the screen like NGCGUI does. It did nothing so I checked on the auto screen to see what the code looks like but saw no code. Hence my confusion :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jun 2014 17:57 #47887 by andypugh

I thought that you post gcode to the screen like NGCGUI does. It did nothing so I checked on the auto screen to see what the code looks like but saw no code. Hence my confusion :)

In the Axis interface it is actually a little strange, the G-code preview window acts like it is running a program, and highlights lines in the currently loaded file, but that isn't actually the code that is running :-)

More
11 Jun 2014 18:40 #47891 by mariusl
Ah I see. Now I have learnt something new again. I am busy setting up the jogging of the lathe and once that is done I will test the macros on the lathe itself with Gscreen.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jun 2014 22:58 #47908 by mariusl
Andy
Have ypu tried this with Gscreen. I am getting strange behaviour. When I run the turn macro it says that the file turning.ngc cannot be found although it is in the config folder.
I am running RIP with all my paths set to the right locations in the RIP folder but when I load a file in Auto mode, it points to the 2.5.4 nc_files directory. I dont have that set anywhere.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Jun 2014 00:02 #47910 by andypugh

Have ypu tried this with Gscreen.

No, I have actually never tried Gscreen at all.

I am getting strange behaviour. When I run the turn macro it says that the file turning.ngc cannot be found although it is in the config folder.

Looking at the sample config I think that this is due to a rather subtle addition to the INI file

SUBROUTINE_PATH = ../../../nc_files/gladevcp_lib:./

That ./ at the end means that the system also looks in the same folder as the INI file for subroutines.

More
12 Jun 2014 01:44 #47914 by mariusl
It finds the routines now but still only starts the spindle but no movement at all.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds