Best GUI for touch and 4th axis

More
09 Jul 2013 21:28 #36447 by mariusl
Hi,
I have a mill with a touch screen and a fourth axis. I am wondering what the best GUI would be to use. I looked at all the new exiting stuff but none of them cater for a fourth axis.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2013 01:07 #36460 by tjamscad
If i were you i would try gscreen first. We have axis running on a 5 axis but it is not touch friendly. I will likely be updating it to gscreen in the future. Chris Morley the gscreen creator has been very help full in making it functional.

More
10 Jul 2013 02:23 #36465 by mariusl
That is my conclusion after a whole lot of searching as well. Gscreen seem to provide all that I require and the rest can be added via custom tabs. I also read a post somewhere today that someone has released pyngc integration for gscreen. That will complete my requirements I am sure.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
10 Jul 2013 02:35 #36466 by mariusl

If i were you i would try gscreen first. We have axis running on a 5 axis but it is not touch friendly. I will likely be updating it to gscreen in the future. Chris Morley the gscreen creator has been very help full in making it functional.

What kins model do you use on your current machine and what will you use with Gscreen?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
10 Jul 2013 07:06 #36476 by tjamscad

What kins model do you use on your current machine and what will you use with Gscreen?

We currently have 4 machines with LinuxCNC on them. I will find out tomorrow which each one has.

More
11 Jul 2013 14:00 #36541 by cmorley
What specifically do you need for the 4 axis?
Gscreen is missing different jog rates controls for the rotary axis, which i have been meaning to add (no one has asked for them yet)
I don't have a 4th axis so it's hard for me to get a feel for what's needed.

Chris M

More
11 Jul 2013 14:40 #36544 by mariusl
Chris

The 4th and 5th axis are usually rotary axis. Not true for all applications but mostly so.
My mill has a rotary table that can be situated along the long axis. This will be my A and later I will fit a turntable along the Z axis and this will be my B axis.

I dont think that much is needed other than the normal jogging requirements. As I recall, Axis has a jog speed override slider as the velocities of the rotary axis are almost always a lot less than the default for linear axis.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jul 2013 19:22 #36552 by tjamscad
We have machines that have multi axis's. We have 3 horzintal machines that have 4 axis's X,Y,Z and B. We also have a horzintal boreing mill that 4 axis's X,Y,Z and W. We have 1 vertical mill that has 5 axis X,Y,Z,A and B. We large gantry type 5 axis that uses X,Y,Z,B and C axis. We have a wire EDM that is 5 axis but it uses X,Y,Z, U and V. Here is a good refference for how the axis's all work together.
Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2013 17:53 #37141 by newbynobi
gmoccapy offers a 4-th axis and is touch screen friendly.

Norbert

More
28 Jul 2013 18:40 #37146 by mariusl
And I cannot tell you how pleased I am about that. Tell me have you looked at the integration of the pyngcgui stuff into your screen yet?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds